The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Second interview? I only had one. What did your first interview consist of?
Reply 2
hey.
my first one was just an informal chat with a major at my local army office. he then sent off my interest form off along with my c.v. too and i now have another interview with the col. i think perhaps this is the same as your first one?
Reply 3
if i remember they asked me some stuff about current affairs and some general Speed Distance Time and maths questions. Its very informal though. - This was the interview i had before going to westbury so sorry if im telling you the wrong stuff.
Reply 4
Hmmm. I had my first 'interview', but it was basically asking me which Regiments I was interested in, when I wanted to go to AOSB, and when I wanted to start Sandhurst and that was pretty much it! I already have my briefing dates, and POV dates so I don't think I'm going to be given another one.
It will be a chat with a Lt Col. Nothing to worry about; they're all generally a very friendly bunch and are Ret'd (Those above Maj who work in the AFCO's). Mine was a friendly chat with Q's about my motivation, regiment choices and visits.
Reply 6
Lady Venom
It will be a chat with a Lt Col. Nothing to worry about; they're all generally a very friendly bunch and are Ret'd (Those above Maj who work in the AFCO's). Mine was a friendly chat with Q's about my motivation, regiment choices and visits.

When you say visits, what do you mean?

Can you actually be turned away at this stage?
Reply 7
You can be turned away at any stage.

There are two types of visits. A Potential Officers Visit (or Course), and an Interest Visit.

Interest visits are typically one day long, and are looking for a brief introductory to the Regiment.

A Potential Officers Visit (or Course) is generally at least two days long in which you visit the Regiment, but also undergo a series of tests in order to potentially gain sponsorship into that Regiment for Sandhurst.

Speak to your ACA to arrange them.
Reply 8
Remember there is no such thing as an informal interview with the Army. You can have a sense of humour but this Officer has the rubber stamp ability to say if he thinks you have potential enough to go through the AOSB process. You don't need to have a huge amount of service knowledge at this point but you will have to show you are interested. Be able to justify your reasons. Any statement you make can be asked So What or Why etc etc.

It's never too early to work on your mental maths. I've just had 2 friends fail the main board due to it so get working!
Reply 9
interview went very well!
left feeling very excited and nervous.
arranging my fam visit now which is for 2 days.
my mental arithmatic isnt very good - an area that needs work.

Latest