The Student Room Group

Bishop Fleming Non Graduate Accountancy Apprenticeship

Does anyone know anything about this apprenticeship that is being offered by this firm for Non-Graduates. I cannot seem to find much online about the apprenticeship?

Thank You
Original post by ate3
Does anyone know anything about this apprenticeship that is being offered by this firm for Non-Graduates. I cannot seem to find much online about the apprenticeship?

Thank You

Try conatacting them through their website.
Reply 2
Original post by ate3

Thank You

Hi! I've applied to that accountancy program and recently got offered a position this week!

It is Bishop Fleming Launchpad (school leave/non graduate). It offers you the chance to get your Level 7 ACA Chartered Accountancy qualification in 5 years.

You need to be predicted BBC in A-Levels with 9 GCSES and a 6/B in GCSE maths, however I only applied with 8 but I had a strong set of GCSEs. The program is a lot better than the majority as the literally all offer Level 4 AAT to school leavers with A-Levels, however B.Fleming offer the L7 ACA to become chartered (most programmes require you to be a graduate to do ACA instantly)

The application process was 4 stages:
1) Submit CV, cover letter optional-I submitted one as it shows you are proactive and want it
2) Online assessments, numerical reasoning and deductive reasoning
3) Video interview, record yourself answering 6 Qs such as why accountancy etc.
4) Assessment centre/Day, roughly 3 hours at the office you applied to, consisted of
-business task. Mine was to write a report, then discuss it, and questioned on the task
-interview, competency based Qs. I won't say anything else because I obviously can't say questions, what the task was etc. for obvious reasons

I applied at Exeter office, however will be based in Audit for 5 years as they filled up the programme with rotations. Found my interviewers to be kind and understanding and a positive experience. Application process is quite lengthy-but they offer a lot so makes sense.

A lot of info, but hope that helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by OliTaylor05
Hi! I've applied to that accountancy program and recently got offered a position this week!
It is Bishop Fleming Launchpad (school leave/non graduate). It offers you the chance to get your Level 7 ACA Chartered Accountancy qualification in 5 years.
You need to be predicted BBC in A-Levels with 9 GCSES and a 6/B in GCSE maths, however I only applied with 8 but I had a strong set of GCSEs. The program is a lot better than the majority as the literally all offer Level 4 AAT to school leavers with A-Levels, however B.Fleming offer the L7 ACA to become chartered (most programmes require you to be a graduate to do ACA instantly)
1) Submit CV, cover letter optional-I submitted one as it shows you are proactive and want it
4) Assessment centre/Day, roughly 3 hours at the office you applied to, consisted of
-business task. Mine was to write a report, then discuss it, and questioned on the task
-interview, competency based Qs. I won't say anything else because I obviously can't say questions, what the task was etc. for obvious reasons
I applied at Exeter office, however will be based in Audit for 5 years as they filled up the programme with rotations. Found my interviewers to be kind and understanding and a positive experience. Application process is quite lengthy-but they offer a lot so makes sense.
Hi,

Congratulations! I have a Shine interview and was wondering if you can share what questions you was asked?

Many thanks.
Original post by Mangliss1
Hi,
Congratulations! I have a Shine interview and was wondering if you can share what questions you was asked?
Many thanks.
Hi! For Bishop Fleming the in person interview was competency based questions, I can't remember them as it was nearly a year ago I applied! But, if you search on Google for competency based questions you'll know what sort of questions they are.

The online interview was Ur typical Q's that you'd prepare for eg. Why accountancy, why bishop Fleming, skills of an accountant etc. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi! For Bishop Fleming the in person interview was competency based questions, I can't remember them as it was nearly a year ago I applied! But, if you search on Google for competency based questions you'll know what sort of questions they are.
The online interview was Ur typical Q's that you'd prepare for eg. Why accountancy, why bishop Fleming, skills of an accountant etc. :smile:
Thank you! So not too bad by the sounds of it!

Are you enjoying the apprenticeship?
Thank you! So not too bad by the sounds of it!
Are you enjoying the apprenticeship?
Yess, it's can be quite interesting and the people there are all happy to help
Reply 7
Thanks again! Depending how the Shine online interview goes, I might be back to ask more questions! I’m rubbish at interviews 🙈🤣
Thanks again! Depending how the Shine online interview goes, I might be back to ask more questions! I’m rubbish at interviews 🙈🤣
I have sent you a message, you could ask me questions if you want!
Reply 9
Hi Oli,

I’ve tried to message you but because I’m new it won’t allow me. Hoping it will allow me to message asap!
Hi Oli,
I’ve tried to message you but because I’m new it won’t allow me. Hoping it will allow me to message asap!
Were you able to see my message? :smile:
Were you able to see my message? :smile:
I did and I am now following you. Thank you 🙏🏼
I did and I am now following you. Thank you 🙏🏼
I haven't got a follow request? Double check you put in the correct instagram username :smile:
I haven't got a follow request? Double check you put in the correct instagram username :smile:
Requested ☺️

Hi, just wondering if you can share any more insight on the AC, was it hard? and was there other candidates there? what did you have to write the report on? Any help is appreciated but understand if you cannot share 🙂 TIA
Original post by Bethking
Hi, just wondering if you can share any more insight on the AC, was it hard? and was there other candidates there? what did you have to write the report on? Any help is appreciated but understand if you cannot share 🙂 TIA

The report part is intriguing too. I’m worried as I have no accountancy background whatsoever and wouldn’t know where to start analysing business data/auditing a business.

Have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending