The Student Room Group

Do the official books cover the whole specification? (Edexcel Physics 08)

Hi,

I'm doing Edexcel Physics 08 Spec, but I've missed most of Unit 2, does anyone know if the official book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Physics-Student-Level-Sciences/dp/1405896388/) covers the entire spec? Surely it should do just in case somebody is self-teaching, like I'm going to have to do.

However, I was speaking to someone in the lessons and they've done experiments not mentioned in the book, could those experiments be in the exam, or just ones covered in the book? (In the Unit 1 test it was the one experiment in the book)

Any advise, or suggestions of books that do cover the whole spec if that one doesn't would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
The experiments are not in the book, unfortunately. They're given to the teacher only. :frown:
Reply 2
Experiments are done/assigned by teachers.
Reply 3
Doesn't the fact it's an official book say something? Why would they write a book then leave out parts of the specification? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Not really, because when we were doing unit 1 the teacher said quite often said "this is likely to come up in the paper, but isn't in the book" - so I know parts of the specification aren't in there, I just wanted to find out if all the experiments are.
Reply 5
They aren't. :frown:
Reply 6
That's a shame, looks like I'll be at a major disadvantage in the test then :frown: - Thanks for the replies.
Reply 7
If you're in contact with a nearby school, I would think that they could give you the experiment instructions. :smile:

Latest