The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'm sort of half-heartedly studying now. I just realised that the whole of unit 3 chemistry went completely over my head and I've spent the past couple of days trying to make myself be interested in hydrocarbons. It's really, really not working.
The fact I only have 8 school days left combined with May looming will probably kick start me soon.
shortcake_x
Ahhh you've decided! :woo:
St. Andrew's!

4th May is looming. I am terrified. :p:

And yes I agree, been feeling so fed up with school since about December! Can't wait to move on to uni. :smile:

Still no decision? I wouldn't leave it til the 3rd :confused:

Uni will be great :biggrin: Really not looking forward to the summer holidays though... they are gonna drag on soooo much!
Meteorshower
Still no decision? I wouldn't leave it til the 3rd :confused:

Uni will be great :biggrin: Really not looking forward to the summer holidays though... they are gonna drag on soooo much!

I know. I'm really trying to come to one. I just don't know whether to go for the course I want or the uni I want :s-smilie:

Oh I am, a week after my exams finish I'm off to Uganda! :biggrin:
And lots of things to look forward to this summer... though I'll be really looking forward to finally moving out come sept/oct!
The whole exams thing really hasn't hit me yet, I should really get a move on with this studying lol.
shortcake_x
I know. I'm really trying to come to one. I just don't know whether to go for the course I want or the uni I want :s-smilie:

Oh I am, a week after my exams finish I'm off to Uganda! :biggrin:
And lots of things to look forward to this summer... though I'll be really looking forward to finally moving out come sept/oct!
The whole exams thing really hasn't hit me yet, I should really get a move on with this studying lol.

Which is the course you want and which is the uni?
Meteorshower
Which is the course you want and which is the uni?

I prefer St. Andrew's as a uni... but Imperial offers me the right course, as I can continue studying Spanish and spend a year in Spain.
shortcake_x
I prefer St. Andrew's as a uni... but Imperial offers me the right course, as I can continue studying Spanish and spend a year in Spain.

Can you not take spanish in first and second year at St Andrews?
Meteorshower
Can you not take spanish in first and second year at St Andrews?

Well I could take spanish in semester one, but because of timetable clashes it doesn't work out so well after that, although there may be opportunity to take some "drop down" options in it in laters years according to the Professor I was speaking to. In any case, it wouldn't be the same as coming out fluent in the language. It's unfortunate as St. Andrew's used to offer a Physics with a foreign language degree.
shortcake_x
Well I could take spanish in semester one, but because of timetable clashes it doesn't work out so well after that, although there may be opportunity to take some "drop down" options in it in laters years according to the Professor I was speaking to. In any case, it wouldn't be the same as coming out fluent in the language. It's unfortunate as St. Andrew's used to offer a Physics with a foreign language degree.

That's unfortunate :frown: Good luck with your decision
Meteorshower
That's unfortunate :frown: Good luck with your decision

Thanks.

Yet again it looks like we've managed to turn the discussion of a thread around to uni decisions haha :p:
Reply 189
May is now here. Good thing we have a panic thread, because the realisation of the imminent exams is hitting me! D:
Reply 190
Panic.Panic.Panic.

How do you write an essay to get like 20 marks or so :frown: I keep getting 19's

And close reading :| My class are all so failing it we barely passed our prelims and its totally pathetic:smile: Help?! :biggrin:
Realized I've got less than 4 weeks till my uni-dependancy exams.
Ughhh brick!
Reply 192
claireeex
Panic.Panic.Panic.

How do you write an essay to get like 20 marks or so :frown: I keep getting 19's

And close reading :| My class are all so failing it we barely passed our prelims and its totally pathetic:smile: Help?! :biggrin:

Do you have the Higher English Language Skills book? That was my frst effort to get good at close reading, and it was quite helpful...

Read the question is the main thing i thnk, lots of people don't actually answer the question and just circumlocate....
claireeex
Panic.Panic.Panic.

Have a look at some of the Higher English threads in this forum, there are plenty and they contain some good advice.
Reply 194
acas13
Do you have the Higher English Language Skills book? That was my frst effort to get good at close reading, and it was quite helpful...

Read the question is the main thing i thnk, lots of people don't actually answer the question and just circumlocate....

Dont have that one i have the umm.. think its the grade booster, it helped abit.

And thanks meteorshower, ill go look through now.
I got the Close Reading we did for over the Easter holidays back today and got 48/50. :eek:
Reply 196
Woah really?!

How did you manage that :smile:

I barely pass them haha.
claireeex
Woah really?!

How did you manage that :smile:

I barely pass them haha.

Admittedly it wasn't timed :o: but I looked at the Language Skills book the teacher gave us and practiced some questions before doing the actual paper. I got 29/50 in the Prelim and my teacher told me I had to improve it slightly ... (!)

I'm practicing timed ones over the long weekend though to see if I can do it under exam conditions.
Reply 198
Better get myself one of those then:smile:
Reply 199
ArcadiaHouse
Admittedly it wasn't timed :o: but I looked at the Language Skills book the teacher gave us and practiced some questions before doing the actual paper. I got 29/50 in the Prelim and my teacher told me I had to improve it slightly ... (!)

I'm practicing timed ones over the long weekend though to see if I can do it under exam conditions.

The language skills book is brilliant, i think i mentioned it in another thread!

Latest

Trending

Trending