The Student Room Group

Is it wrong for a 28 year old to be with a 16 year old?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
x-pixie-lottie-x
oh i seee

i think it just sounds wrong anyway lol
x

Boo ;D
I really dont know what they'd have in common apart from maybe both being sexually frustrated and wanting to shag all the time? Bit perverse, up until I was about 18 I didnt really have anything to say to anyone more than a couple years older than me. Maturity gap will be huge
Reply 22
Paedophilia
Reply 23
Yep, paedophilia. Going out for nearly 2 years? That means at one point it was a 26 year old going out with a 14 year old.
Reply 24
I wouldn't be comfortable with it personally but if its legal who cares.
It's no-one's business really but the legal age of consent shouldn't even affect it. As long as no-one plays on it, it's fine really. I just find it irritating that it should even be judged on.

Fox
Originally Posted by Tombola

they've been dating almost 2 years

Originally Posted by tombola

they waited to meet until he was of legal age of consent

exactly what I was thinking
Reply 27
as long as they are fine with it, i think it's okay. but they have to bare (gosh i've forgotten how to spell) in mind what kind of future they are going to have. it's not like the guy is 28 and the girl is 16, which might have been different. following human nature, the guy usually is the one who takes care of the girl. but she will be so much more emotionally, and just generally more mature than him... they are going to inevitabely run into difficult situations. but if they are sure they can see them through, well, i for one will be rooting for them.
Reply 28
Probably.
I was in a similar relationship with a guy of 28 and I was 16-17 . . .tbh looking back on it, it was quite disgusting tbh - I couldn't take him home to show the family because my parents especially would flip, my friends laughed. And tbh I just hated it - was the most boring relationship I had been in.
I think it's creepy.
Reply 31
If the 16yo is mature enough to make decisions, I don't see the problem.
Reply 32
its definitely wierd. its pretty sad for the woman going out with a little kid. its different for the 16 year old tho. his friends probably think hes a legend.
Reply 33
sounds like he hit luck :wink:
What about a 21 year old going after a 17 year old?
Reply 35
i think this case seeing each ther for 2 years.... so she was 26 he was 14? sick.....

someone 18 dating whatever - their choice

personally i wont date anyone whos younger than me.... (im 20) as it just dosent do it for melol - but i dont think it would be 'wrong'....
Anonymous
What about a 21 year old going after a 17 year old?

That's fine, I'm 17 and have had boyfriends of 21 and over.

16 and 28 is weird though, especially when the boy is the younger one :s-smilie:
Tombola
Yeah. One of these questions again... Perhaps I should do a search but I'm interested in what people think now.

Situation:
A 28 year old woman dating a 16 year old boy in a different state. She claims they are in love and are soulmates and they've been dating almost 2 years but they waited to meet until he was of legal age of consent (thats what she says anyway).

What age would you say the boy has to be before he can make such a decision?

Please think of this very important question ok?

Why is she not with someone her own age?

Think of it hard and good and then you realise there is something not quite right with her.
Reply 38
Yeah, a relationship is a bit risky. He should hit it & quit it IMO.

Oh, the woman is the older person? If she's hot he should go ahead with it. I would.
Reply 39
Is it wrong for a 28 year old to be with a 16 year old? Not by definition, no.

A 28 year old woman dating a 16 year old boy in a different state. She claims they are in love and are soulmates. Cool cool.

And they've been dating almost 2 years but they waited to meet until he was of legal age of consent (that's what she says anyway). Hmmmm..in love & soulmates without meeting?!

What age would you say the boy has to be before he can make such a decision? I think he is old enough, although naivety may be present. And the fact they didn't meet for two years makes me suspicious about the whole love thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending