The Student Room Group

confused about what uni to go to

I want to study hispanic studies at university, and have received offers from UCL and Kings.
I want to put my firm as UCL, and my insurance as Kings, as UCL has a much better overall reputation with employers, and i will probably get a better job if i graduate from there.
However I find Kings' course is much more interesting, broad, and the department is better too. Also I think i would enjoy the course more there.

So my problem is should i still go to UCL because of its reputation, or should i go to Kings because the course is better?
Any help will be highly appreciated!! :smile:
Reply 1
kings... doesnt that have quite a good reputation too ?
Reply 2
It's a no brainer. If you think you'll be happier at Kings (it's the better environment, more interesting course) then go with Kings.

Kings is still a very good university with a good reputation. University name and reputation really isn't as important as many think. It's more important to go to a university you prefer and a course that suits you. This will give you the environment to meet your potential. A UCL 2:1 really doesn't always beat a KCL 2:1. There are far more important things than university reputation (experience, academic achievement etc).

Latest

Trending

Trending