The Student Room Group

I just dont get it(felmings rule related)

You know the experimnet where you have an aluminum rod a magnadure magnet and a balance you pass a current through the rod and the balance reads negative if the force on the rod due to MF was downword,now what I don't get is that during exams they do the opposite,if the magnet read negative they say the force is upwords,I'm sooooooooooooo confused what shall i do how will I answer if I faced that kind of question somebody pleaaase answer me:bawling:
habosh
You know the experimnet where you have an aluminum rod a magnadure magnet and a balance you pass a current through the rod and the balance reads negative if the force on the rod due to MF was downword,now what I don't get is that during exams they do the opposite,if the magnet read negative they say the force is upwords,I'm sooooooooooooo confused what shall i do how will I answer if I faced that kind of question somebody pleaaase answer me:bawling:

I'm confused just reading that mammoth sentence. Maybe try explaining it again and we might be able to help :smile:
Reply 2
It's ok i got it now:smile:
Reply 3
just remember FBI! thumb F, index finger B (north to south.. but except in the earth's field where south is at the north pole), middle finger I!
our teacher says its funny watching the physics unit 5 exam because at roughtly the same time all the people are twisting their hand round to figure our the force and the invigilators get really confused!
Reply 4
lol,I know that,the thing is that when we have a force on a balance the amount of upwordforce equals tge amount of dowword force on the yoke ,so the balance reading indicates the weight of the yoke and the magndur sand the force by magnetic field

Latest

Trending

Trending