The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
people don't care (and wouldn't know), but I think the confidence you get from being popular at school and the ability to make friends with people easier definitely helps.
How exactly would you quantify that to communicate it to your new university peers?

"Hey guise, I'm ranked 8.2 on the Sampson Cool Scale, do you accept me as a friend?"
Reply 3
GodspeedGehenna
How exactly would you quantify that to communicate it to your new university peers?

"Hey guise, I'm ranked 8.2 on the Sampson Cool Scale, do you accept me as a friend?"

sampson?

what i mean is like if you don't gel your hair up and act all confident, will people (girls especially) still be interested in you?

because in school the hot girls were only attracted to the hot guys!!:rolleyes:
Reply 4
Sometimes the people who are cool at school find it harder to fit in at uni because they're judegemental and only make friends with certain people
Reply 5
no directly, but the old cool kids always group together somehow, and act the same as always. The difference is, the other kids really don't care and the divide between the groups are better hidden.
Reply 6
The people that tend to be cool at school are probably that way because of their personality, which will be the same when they go to uni.
Reply 7
The people that tend to be cool at school are probably that way because of their personality, which will tend to be the same when they go to uni.
indiaftw2

what i mean is like if you don't gel your hair up and act all confident, will people (girls especially) still be interested in you?

Reply 9
say it again?

EDIT: oh FFS, someone got inbetween :mad:
In my opinion, the past is the past, university is like starting on a clean slate all over again, nobody is aware of your popularity (and well unless your whole year ends up going to the same uni your popularity is non-existant just like everybody else). I think university is a really good opportunity to restart their social life and be percieved as they want to be without any misconceptions due to rumours/mistakes from your time at high school.
Reply 11
Pheonixx
no directly, but the old cool kids always group together somehow, and act the same as always. The difference is, the other kids really don't care and the divide between the groups are better hidden.

i can't view your image Godspeed cos my account ain't getting activvated
GodspeedGehenna

I see exponential growth of interest. :eek:
Xenomorph v2.1
In my opinion, the past is the past, university is like starting on a clean slate all over again, nobody is aware of your popularity (and well unless your whole year ends up going to the same uni your popularity is non-existant just like everybody else). I think university is a really good opportunity to restart their social life and be percieved as they want to be without any misconceptions due to rumours/mistakes from your time at high school.

This.
Reply 14
I ask because i've always been part of the "non-cool" group at school, although I'd consider myself to be "almost cool" lol.
I've been bullied a lot and am worried I will get bullied at uni too?
And i know i can re-invent myself, but i tried doing this at college, it worked for the first 6 months or so, but then my true shy uncool self always comes through :frown:
Reply 15
If you were really cool, you wouldn't worry about whether or not others thought you were cool.
Reply 16
leemkule
If you were really cool, you wouldn't worry about whether or not others thought you were cool.

well thanks for reminding me that i'm not one of the cool kids, it makes me feel so much better:s-smilie:
Reply 17
indiaftw2
well thanks for reminding me that i'm not one of the cool kids, it makes me feel so much better:s-smilie:

Glad to be of service. :smile:
Reply 18
GodspeedGehenna

You forgot to make the line go through the point (0,1). :P
Reply 19
Stricof
Now I'm not sure where you got your stats from...but I'm pretty certain they are not reliable sources

Lol. The graph looks so much like y = e^x that I had to say it.

Latest

Trending

Trending