The Student Room Group

chemical engineering

Hey everyone, i am struggle to know if i must choose physics in the sixth form if i wanna do chemical engineering later in college.

I am going on IB next year and i will be doing high level maths and chemistry and another science (either biology or physics). I am good at maths chemistry and everything but im not sure if i will get good grades for physics. Im thinking i might do biology instead because im confident in it.

SO if i choose biology over physics will i have less chance to be accepted by unviersities for a ChemEgin course???? Please help me out
Reply 1
Choose physics, not biology.

Physics is recommended for most chem eng courses but it is possible to get into good unis w/o doing physics at A-level, However I'd say you have good reason to do physics.. it's helpful for the degree :smile:; particularly thermodynamics and mechanics.

That being said, lots of people at my uni did biology at A-level and not physics, and they didn't have a problem getting in.
Reply 2
Creative
Choose physics, not biology.

Physics is recommended for most chem eng courses but it is possible to get into good unis w/o doing physics at A-level, However I'd say you have good reason to do physics.. it's helpful for the degree :smile:; particularly thermodynamics and mechanics.

That being said, lots of people at my uni did biology at A-level and not physics, and they didn't have a problem getting in.

I remember you... :biggrin: I don't know if you remember me, when you said that you would turn me to the dark side when you said that the I place was better than the C place... xD

but anyways, yes to OP choose Physics...
Reply 3
xinolisss
I remember you... :biggrin: I don't know if you remember me, when you said that you would turn me to the dark side when you said that the I place was better than the C place... xD

but anyways, yes to OP choose Physics...

hehe, let's make peace. C and I are both letters and as such, are equally necessary :p:.
Reply 4
thanks all for the advices, really helped me to make up my mind :smile:

Latest