The Student Room Group
Reply 1
do u mean DCU - dublin city uni?

im not sure what kinda gap year u wish to take, but i think it depends on ur course/subjects

i wanted to take a gap year but cos of my subjects it was nt allowed. my friend did take one gap year between 2nd and 3rd year and she knew many pppl on her course did the same

my bro goes to DCU (the uni i think u intereested in) and he is taking an gap year, or intra - year next year, before his final year. it is all arranged for them pretty much by uni so it was promoted and encouraged !!

but like i said u will have to check with uni/ course to see if it a poosibility ! good luck with it !
Reply 2
Quite a lot of Irish people take gap years because depending on whether or not they do transition year, many of them are only 17 when they leave school. I live in Northern Ireland and know a lot of people applying to southern universities, and as far as I know, they're fine with it. Just ask!
hey im irish, and i think your talking either talking about UCD or DCU?? anyways its REALLLLLLLLLY common for gap years in ireland cuz of transition year..where areyou from
Reply 4
I'm American, from Boston, and yea, sorry I messed up there, but I was looking into all 3 Dublin Universities(the 3 big ones) and I'll be 18 when I gradguate....does that make a difference?
Reply 5
No your age doesn't matter at all.

Latest