The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Used to get crazy mood swings. She'd go hyperactive and chase people around the classroom with glue sticks until everyone was in hysterics, then snap and tell everyone to be quiet. Being in Year 10 that was kinda difficult.

I once had an argument with her and chucked a scarf at her.
Has to be my year two teacher.... she asked one day if anyone knew why it rained. Well, I had asked my parents the very same question, and was told that it was because God was having a shower.... so I quite happily put my hand up and shared this fact. She went on a screaming rampage about 'how could I be so stupid'... i'm guessing she must have been having a pretty bad day.
Oh, and there was the GCSE business studies teacher... luckily I only had her for the second year, and passed my GCSE on the virtue of the one I had had in the first year. She had 'favourites' and wrote their coursework for them, and wouldnt help anyone else with theirs, plus being a pretty awful teacher. the school had complaints about her every year, and kept trying to get rid of her... but every time they tried, she pulled the 'race' card, since she was the only black teacher at the school!
My current Government & Politics teacher.

The guy I had last year was amazing, I got 100% in all three modules and a huge part of that was because of his enthusiasm for the subject, he always let us have debates in class and was just generally completely awesome. He retired, though, and our class got lumbered with an obese thirty-something who up until this point has missed one in three lectures without reasonable explanation, and without setting us any work. He never marks anything and sends us off to the study centre every lesson without fail to do a Powerpoint presentation on a subject that has little or nothing to do with the part of the syllabus he's meant to be teaching us. He never comes down to check if we're actually doing the work, and I remember one time, me and my friend went up about fifteen minutes before the end of the lesson to hand some work in and he was sat in front of his computer, on Last.fm. He's always late, talks over everyone, sits at the front and points at the board with a stick because he can't even be bothered to stand up, and falls asleep when you give presentations. It's happened several times. Someone will be reading something, and turn around to ask him if they're pronouncing something right and he will actually be snoring.

Our class has complained about him three times now, and every time it's managed to get back to him, and he's had the cheek to keep us back at the end of the lesson and have a go at us for "not coming to him first". We have two exams coming up, and he hasn't even taught us half of what we need to know to do one of them, let alone both. My college is an absolute joke.

My year 10 maths teacher spent most of our lessons telling us about her useless husband and how she didn't love him anymore. Her life sounded like something from a soap! Then her 14 year old daughter got pregnant by another teacher's 17 year old son, which was the talk of the school at the time, so she decided to leave - thank God!
Reply 84
Oh another one I remembered! I won't say her name, but basically she was a dude. She used to wear Ben Sherman shirts and man trousers and comfortable shoes.

She was so ******* arrogant. I used to hate her (I got send out a lot, for about a year I sat on my own special table right in front of her desk... I had her for 4 years) At our school we had no time to move around school inbetween lessons. E.g one lesson ended at 9.40 and that was when the next one started.

Most teachers let us go like a minute early and didn't expect us to be on time for lessons because they knew it was impossible. But she would always go 'your late, (by like 2 minutes). Then I'd always say 'the teacher didn't let us out until the bell went'. She'd say 'not my problem'. WHY ARE YOU MOANING THEN! I used to get in arguments with her all the time because she really riled me up. She never let us go a minute early to get to lessons on time, how did she expect other teachers to do the same?!

I spent a lotttt of time outside that classroom.
Reply 85
I-Ate-Cha
Economics/Business Studies.
Literally does jack ****.

Walks in, tells us to look at the sylabus... then to get the answers re-directs us to a website called "bized" whilst he would walk in and out of the class (god knows where he goes).

I honestly cannot remember the last time he made a presentation or picked up a pen to the whiteboard, and no, I am not exaggerating in anything I've said.

Did complain last year, but nothing was done. Most of the class got U's, and a few of those who stayed onto this year may well also fail.

He reminds me of a permanent cover teacher...

OMG u have just perfectly described one of my economics teachers
Reply 86
I-Ate-Cha
REALLY?! So he also uses Bized as an excuse not to teach??

yer he even sends us away from lessons sometimes to the study hall to just read bized stuff, he also likes tutor2u alot
Reply 87
My ICT teacher, makes people laugh at his bad jokes, and when nobody laughs, he forces you to laugh. He has done everything to become popular for the wrong reasons. Most believe he a control freak, yet I wonder when somebody will complain and stand up to him and get him sacked. He has taught for almost two decades, he was a incompetent Biology teacher. For some odd reason a decade ago, he retrained as a ICT teacher, yet he did'nt know much about Windows OS, he referred to big thick computer self help bible books. Always ran back and forth looking at his texts, and the worst thing is, I knew far more than him. He started asking waaaaaay too many personal questions. The fact he was bald, pot bellied, overweight, miserable, he had a complete lack of life outside of school.

Rarely did he mark nor did he set any homework tasks, yet he is still teaching there. Each time somebody has tried to complain, he has got his best friend, who also happens to be just below the Vice Principals, 5th in rank. His always used him to get out of bad situations. However he became so unpopular, that he has been labelled a control freak. Nobody has ever formally complained, as they're afraid of his temper, he shouts and yells randomly at pupils. There's other times when he specifically develops a personal vendetta against one or two pupils and most of it is down to the fact they're better looking, clever, intelligent and knwo what they want in life. At times he has refused to mark work etc.

There was a pupil who deserved an A*/A grade, yet he intentionally deliberately forced him to take the Foundation ensuring no greater than a C pass. Which is just unacceptable, I mean his the only teacher people ever talk about for the wrong reasons. He only seems to pick on ethnic minorties, his never shouted at the white pupils rarely... Which is interesting...

Although the last I heard was, he has somehow managed to become extremely friendly to the Management, as he probably realises he has had multiple chances and should've been sacked and most probably will very soon, the truth always unfolds eventually.

He is actually worse than one geography teacher, who got sacked for his aggressive and stricit teaching yet he is still there.

How do you get a teacher sacked? Especially one who is a Deputy of Sixth Form, as well as only teaching ICT to Upper School GCSE/A-Level.

Anybody actually succeeded in getting their teacher sacked?
Reply 88
Cheryl*
yer he even sends us away from lessons sometimes to the study hall to just read bized stuff, he also likes tutor2u alot

Have you ever complained to the Headteacher about this? Surely he does'nt belong in the teaching profession, if he is not teaching, merely directing, which is what distance learning organisations do :eek:
Reply 89
I haven't really had any bad teachers apart from supplies cos they couldn't give a crap whether you pass or fail.
My mate said that omne of his primary school teacher's used to grab people by their side burns if they done something. I remember him being a refereee for our school matches against theirs and he was crap! I think he's been sacked as well now for helping students cheat at their SAT's :eek:.
My current computing teacher. Has never given us a test, homework, just reads the text book to us, we aren't allowed to take notes (it distracts him apparently...), never even shouted at us, swears occasionally, greets us by saying 'safe'. He's a rubbish teacher, but a ledge. :biggrin:
Reply 91
Geritak
Because she was the only person in her family to go to sixth form. :mad: She's a lovely girl, hard working and intelligent, and she was told that she was going to fail just because her parents and older sister weren't particularly academic.

She's said similar stuff to other students as well. She told my best mate that there was no point in him resitting a paper because he'd fail it.

We reported her straight away for saying it, but nothing's been done.

She's probably a teacher who failed to become what she wanted, has a mental health problem most definately. She sounds similar to my former ICT teacher. If you can't complain to the Headteacher, then the General Teaching Council for England, which often does remove teachers, although for it to get to that stage it worsens relations between teacher/pupil...
Reply 92
The ultimate question here is, HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOT THEIR TEACHER SACKED? HOW DO YOU GET A BAD TEACHER SACKED? WHEN CAN A BAD TEACHER BE SACKED?
Reply 93
My GCSE chemistry teacher. She taught us new swear words, called me a w*****, didn't teach us a thing, we made her do all the experiments and stuff, went out for a fag twice a lesson, showed us some of her party tricks, like holding a match til it had completely burned out, and one time she put a condom up her nose and pulled it out her mouth what the ****!

She got fired after a year.
nnnomi
My GCSE chemistry teacher. She taught us new swear words, called me a w*****, didn't teach us a thing, we made her do all the experiments and stuff, went out for a fag twice a lesson, showed us some of her party tricks, like holding a match til it had completely burned out, and one time she put a condom up her nose and pulled it out her mouth what the ****!

Wow that's some bloody party trick!
Reply 95
nnnomi

Wow, my deputy of sixth form, also ICT/Computing teacher, used to go for fag breaks, and even smoked with the 6th formers! He acted like he was their best friend. In his form group he had the badly behaved, those on a home school agreement etc. His worst problem was him trying to be a CONTROL FREAK
I only ever had a problem with my ICT/Computing teacher, he hated me being better looking than him.

I was slim, well toned. He was fat, overweight, manboobs.

I was tall, he was short.

I was intelligent and knew more than him, he wished he knew as much as me about computers.

Although the recent news is, that he has become quite scared of being exposed, as his recieving bad comments on a facebook group. Somebody could send those to the headteacher and he would be exposed...hmmm
Reply 96
This was at Hummersknott in Darlington - he was our form teacher and science teacher, and a real bully. He particularly liked to pick on my best friend which is why he really sticks in my mind. Once he was covering our technical drawing class and she asked if she could go to the toilet. When she came back he accused her of having stolen some money from another student - I can still remember how puzzled she looked because she'd just been to the toilet (and it was a load of bull because nobody else had been out of the classroom) - she was adamant that she hadn't taken any money and said to search her pockets. The perv said that she had probably hidden it in her knickers which made her really embarrassed! What a creep! He wasn't that good a teacher either.
The funniest thing about that school was when we got detention for playing cards at the back of the Religious Education class.:tongue:
Reply 97
Ah, reviving those old threads.
Year 6 teacher.
He has a really short temper and I have no idea how he has been able to carry on teaching. He used to throw board pens at us and one time another teacher caught him with a chair in his hand about to throw it another student. When I was bullied he basically told my Mum it was my fault. Nasty man.

My college tutor last year.
She really had a problem with me personally. Completely refused to believe I had anxiety because I was not on meds at that time even though I was seeing a counselor. She threatened to phone my doctor for "proof" even though the previous week she had been teaching us about the data protection act that clearly states if you ring up a GP for information on someone they'll tell you to piss off.:rolleyes:

She told lies about me to other teachers. I remember one time she must have been gossiping about me in the staff room because another teacher said "oh I heard you were caught on Facebook," I know for a fact that wasn't true because I never went on Facebook that time even at home. She used phone my Mother if I had left the college (with permission of the class teacher) despite the fact it's a college for adults and was I was 18 (my mum knew I wasn't in college anyway but I was annoyed because she wouldn't dare do that to anyone else). Even thinking about this woman makes me angry she made last year hell for me.:mad:

Oh forgot to add she also gave me a warning for bullying. I was like :eek: because I had never bullied anyone in my life and the guy she accused me of bullying I got on well with. When I asked him about it he was just as confused as me because he had never had a problem with anything I had said and had certainly never felt bullied or victimised by me and had definitely not made a complaint about me. WTF!:angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
I had a supply teacher for a few lessons in Year 7 that appeared in the local newspaper a few years later... convicted for paedophilia.

I think I win.

...Which probably means I lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending