The Student Room Group

Whsmith Interview

Got an interview for Whsmith on Wednesday (weekend )
Phoned me today and asked me some questions etc, must be offering job on spot as they asked if offered the job could i go for indction on the thursday

Anybody work here or had an interview

Any tips and advice Welcome, could really do with this Job :-D

xx
Reply 1
I work at Smiths in Cornwall :smile:. I didn't really have an interview as such, they just got about 10 of is a room and did some silly discussion thing and took us aside individually for 5 minutes to ask us what kind of hours we would like to work. About half the people got a place I think. If your interview is anything like mine, then theres nothing to worry about as they were all friendly and it was quite a relaxed atmosphere. However don't take my word for it. It could be different from branch to branch.
Reply 2
Yeah, I've got a part-time job there.

But my interview was really informal, so I don't know if that's the norm or not.

Did you hand in a CV, or like, an application form? 'Cos they'll most likely just talk about what you wrote on that. I was 16 when I had my interview, and although I'm one of the youngest working there, the majority of weekend staff are all really young, like, university-age, so if your shop is the same, they shouldn't be so intimidating. If they're checking whether or not you're free for an induction, surely you're in with a very good chance? Either way, good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
They asked me why I wanted the job, when I had given or recieved the best level of customer service and why i thought I was right for the job. Induction was crap though. Ten minutes of how to use the till & 50 minutes of form filling and then I was put on the busiest tills on my first shift and hadn't been shown half the stuff =[ Thats just my experience though. Good luck with your interview =] x
Reply 4
Maynon
Yeah, I've got a part-time job there.

But my interview was really informal, so I don't know if that's the norm or not.

Did you hand in a CV, or like, an application form? 'Cos they'll most likely just talk about what you wrote on that. I was 16 when I had my interview, and although I'm one of the youngest working there, the majority of weekend staff are all really young, like, university-age, so if your shop is the same, they shouldn't be so intimidating. If they're checking whether or not you're free for an induction, surely you're in with a very good chance? Either way, good luck!! :biggrin:

Yeah just ahnded inmy Cv,
Yeah thats what i thought about Induction , not building my hopes uo thoughh :L:L

Latest

Trending

Trending