The Student Room Group
POLL.:rolleyes:
Reply 2
Mechanical at Imperial is the shortest way to F1 if thats what you are asking...followed by Automotive at Loughborough (Course here is fantastic btw, all my mates doing it love it :wink: )
Dude, Imperial has really great ties with F1 teams. In fact, they have one of the best wind tunnels in the country and a lot of the F1 teams have used their facilities for aerodynamics work in the past. Can't go wrong with Imperial imo if you're looking to get in F1. Even if you wern't it's still much better in engineering :yep:
Reply 4
I firmed bath for aerospace ahead of imperial. Mainly because I liked the place more than Imperial. My friends were like WTF, but honselty i couldnt give a damn. Do what you think is right, maybe try visit the two places. Imperial has a better rep, but rep only gets you so far. It might get you a better starting job, but its what you do when your employed that really matters. I imagine F1 teams will be more interested in your final year porject than the uni you went to too. Theres no point trying to get a job in maclaren if your project is not in any way related to F1 and shows that you can think outside the box. Also, the amount of people employed by F1 is so small that going to Imperial, rather than bath only increases your already low chances by a tiny amount.

Its really down to whichever place you like more. Theres no point spending 4 years somewhere you dont enjoy. Visit both places (if you already havent) and pick whichever you like more.
Reply 5
Thanks for all your replies.

I am still not sure which uni to go to. (must make choice soon on ucas)

Anyone know anything about the formula student program at the universities?
Is it just for final year students or all years?
Is it easy to join?
Reply 6
Well, at least here at Lufbra they are marketing the project and offering engineers to work on the FS program. On of my mates is part of it and is in first year, so I guess its possible. I dont know how much he can help with the knowledge of a fresher though :biggrin:

Latest