The Student Room Group

Just thought it might be fun to beat a dead horse

but I’m applying now for nursing dip late entry woo lol. I’m half way through my Btec in health and social care which is my 5th year of college.

So in an attempt to no longer feel isolated and alone and sick of listening to 16 year old girls gossip about holly oaks and how crap there stupid bf is that they always go back to even tho he is blates pedo material.

I am now applying to ucas, now don’t get me wrong it’s not for educational reasons I’m leaving college early its more to do with the fact that i want my nursing career to start now instead of next year , not doing a degree is not the end of the world for me.But staying at college IS and havin to put with these immature students probly will be. They are so naive and fickle and middle class it tires my cynical 20 year old brain. Hopefully nursing students are at least more up for partying and havin a good time =]

anyway back to my point, I’m applying now I’ve got AON maths English C a lack of science gcse but i have studied Science at Btec level.I allso have experence in care , and im still working in care and adore it despite working with the harder bracket range in terms of "people who dont and wont make it into nursing care till its too late" people.

My btec award in health and soical care is worth about 120 ucas points , so i feel my application is rather strong one.Im applying for the universities that are advertising aka Plymouth , I’m not sure if you guys have anymore ideas

I feel I’m ready for university and I’m just worried i left it abit late after my tutors tryed to put me off going for the sheer reason they want me to stay on the course due to the help and support I bring to the class ,there words not mine, plus they have this whole idea of me doing better at university if i stay on.

ok well thats my lil rant over , do you guys have any suggestons on unis? which ones are gagging for students?im emailing them currently :woo:
ps I know my spelling + grammer is not perfect but it is readable if you want to be a G000N then www.somethingawful.com is where you should be.
reikazen
but I’m applying now for nursing dip late entry woo lol. I’m half way through my Btec in health and social care which is my 5th year of college.

So in an attempt to no longer feel isolated and alone and sick of listening to 16 year old girls gossip about holly oaks and how crap there stupid bf is that they always go back to even tho he is blates pedo material.

I am now applying to ucas, now don’t get me wrong it’s not for educational reasons I’m leaving college early its more to do with the fact that i want my nursing career to start now instead of next year , not doing a degree is not the end of the world for me.But staying at college IS and havin to put with these immature students probly will be. They are so naive and fickle and middle class it tires my cynical 20 year old brain. Hopefully nursing students are at least more up for partying and havin a good time =]

anyway back to my point, I’m applying now I’ve got AON maths English C a lack of science gcse but i have studied Science at Btec level.I allso have experence in care , and im still working in care and adore it despite working with the harder bracket range in terms of "people who dont and wont make it into nursing care till its too late" people.

My btec award in health and soical care is worth about 120 ucas points , so i feel my application is rather strong one.Im applying for the universities that are advertising aka Plymouth , I’m not sure if you guys have anymore ideas

I feel I’m ready for university and I’m just worried i left it abit late after my tutors tryed to put me off going for the sheer reason they want me to stay on the course due to the help and support I bring to the class ,there words not mine, plus they have this whole idea of me doing better at university if i stay on.

ok well thats my lil rant over , do you guys have any suggestons on unis? which ones are gagging for students?im emailing them currently :woo:
ps I know my spelling + grammer is not perfect but it is readable if you want to be a G000N then www.somethingawful.com is where you should be.

LMAO we were telling you that like a year ago when you ranted how you wanted to do the degree instead or do medicine- and wanted to start nursing so much later to get experience :rofl:

As for nursing students partying? On which planet? The fact you need to be in for every lecture and also during placement you have uni work to do at the same time- you'd find its a lot less than the average student; but when there is a night out, we have a night out- literally. The best nights are when the doctors get paid and the 999 parties, cheap drinks with your NHS ID.

You have left it rather late- may be worth applying for january entry instead of september so you have more chances to go to other universities and more time. Try going to some open days instead?

Your application isn't bad; be aware though if you can't stand the people you are with in college, how will you cope with the amount of patients who may annoy you or the people you'll work with? Also there's always going to be silly little girls in nursing- there is in my cohort; and you may find on the diploma theres 2 extremes, mature students (ie 30+ married, with kids etc and not interested in the student life) and the younger girls who've only done a handful of gcse's and aren't really with it half the time- then the people who're aged 18-25 either been seconded or done the diploma to get on the degree with more money.
Reply 2
Yeah I completely agree, Nursing Students have hardly any time to party. We have a lot of reading to do outside of lecturers and then there are seminars and lectures you need to prepare stuff for.
Reply 3
i know im a fickle git i will laugh someday at my current situation lololol

i find it hirarous people remember me

yah ive had a hard battle inside me to fight nursing vs medicine , but its my job in care that won me round the idea, and seeing how close i am to my mum and how alike we are, and seeing her go back to nursing , its like wow i really should be a nurse , thats me , its not a five secound desion anymore,

but yeah ive done a few entrys for feb and plhymouth who want nursing studnets ive applied for sept entry , so i think ive got a fair shot , if i faill ill applly next year

Latest