The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
bj_945
Even if that were true, there were still ~10% Jews in the 1910s (off top of my head). If you mean late 20"s it would be well over 10% before hostilities started.

I'll have to check the figures but I seriously doubt it. In any event what difference does it make?

Right, so what makes a land belong to a people who live there and have for centuries is the fact that other nations have noticed that they live there and have done for centuries and recognise their government? Just because the Brits had control over it doesn"t mean it wasn"t Palestinian land. They had lived there for centuries, whether or not they were in power it was still theirs unless you believe colonialism is just great!!!!

You have to decide what criterion you want to decide by. If it's the "I was there first criterion", you loose, because Jews were there first. Personally I don't accept this criterion and I don't think you should too.

If it's the legal criterion then you loose again, because Palestine didn't have any legal status as a state at the time. There's simply no a-priory reason why
Jews, who live on their legally owned land, should accept Islamic laws. Simply no reason.

They were barely even in a majority in the half of the land they took (55:45).

It was well understood at the time that many Jewish immigrants were to be expected, and indeed it took only 3 years for the population to double itself.

Whereas the Palestinian side was 99:1. So even if we both agree land should be split up to groups according to how many live there right then (ridiculous imo) I take it you would agree the Jews got given too much?

No, because Jordan is also Palestinian.
Reply 41
Thud
I will enjoy watching the dumb ***** try.

Good on Israel, may she prosper for many years yet. :beer:

Yes, yes, jolly good. Let's pat each other on the back and forget about all those murdered Palestinian women and children.
Reply 42
manwithaplan
Funny because the last time I checked, Israeli passports have been accepted by nearly every single country, They have a diplomatic legitamant government recognised and had relations with every single world country, They are currently recognised by a majority of UN members, The processor for the computer you are using is likely to have been designed and created by someone calling themselves an Israeli, Israel is on the world map, They have a currency, stamps, economy, miltary, citizens. I can say the same or nearly the same for every single other country but, I can't for Palestine so why doesn't Israel exist.

Iran's President referred to this phenomenon...Western guilt over the Holocaust!
Reply 43
Caprylate
Happy Independence Day Israel, you are a shining beacon of democracy in what is otherwise a barbaric part of the world.

LOL... unlike Gaza, which is only a shining beacon because your democracy-loving country poured white phosphorous all over it.
Reply 44
manwithaplan
The processor for the computer you are using is likely to have been designed and created by someone calling themselves an Israeli

Specifically, pentium - M, centrino, and dual - core technology were developed in Israel.

All anti-Israeli's are hereby requested to turn off their dual core computers!
Reply 45
dave180
LOL... unlike Gaza, which is only a shining beacon because your democracy-loving country poured white phosphorous all over it.

In self-defense! Their nukes are also for self-defense! In fact, all their weapons and tactics are defensive.
Reply 46
borismor
Specifically, pentium - M, centrino, and dual - core technology were developed in Israel.

All anti-Israeli's are hereby requested to turn off their dual core computers!

And I thought blood diamonds were bad.
Reply 47
UGeNe
In self-defense! Their nukes are also for self-defense! In fact, all their weapons and tactics are defensive.

Self-defence? Were those pesky civilians being so raucous behind your illegal 20-foot concrete wall that even the vast array of ordinary bombs would not suffice? That's about as defensive as shooting dead a rabbit on the off-chance that it might bite you.

Apologies dude I see now that you were being sarcastic. The point still stands to all the zionists out there, though.
Reply 48
UGeNe
Iran's President referred to this phenomenon...Western guilt over the Holocaust!

I don't see how guilt leads to the invention of multi-core processors.
Reply 49
UGeNe
Read my comment slowly...really slowly, so your brain can process it properly!

idiot

I have, and you're comment doesn't relate just to some specific part. If it does, you should have mentioned it.

Now, you can check what kind of cpu you have using this:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php (it's free).

If you have an intel multi core cpu - you are kindly requested to permanently turn off you computer.
manwithaplan
Funny because the last time I checked, Israeli passports have been accepted by nearly every single country, They have a diplomatic legitamant government recognised and had relations with every single world country, They are currently recognised by a majority of UN members, The processor for the computer you are using is likely to have been designed and created by someone calling themselves an Israeli, Israel is on the world map, They have a currency, stamps, economy, miltary, citizens. I can say the same or nearly the same for every single other country but, I can't for Palestine so why doesn't Israel exist.

well you see..
israel is a state that was established on ILLEGAL terms
israel is a state that is openly comitting ILLEGAL war crimes
israel is a state that is running the worlds largest ILLEGAL prison
israel is a state that defies what is ILLEGAL through its actions
israel in itself is an ILLEGAL ENTITY

so you see in my mind israel does not and should not exist.
Reply 51
UGeNe

I can assure you not a single Palestinian got killed in the process of inventing the dual core.
borismor

Yay, I'm proud that my dual-core proccessor comes from Israel. My computer is Pro-Israel :biggrin:

UGeNe

FYI, Israel was the first country to officially sign into effct that they will not use diamonds from conflict regions
blackandgold
well you see..
israel is a state that was established on ILLEGAL terms
israel is a state that is openly comitting ILLEGAL war crimes
israel is a state that is running the worlds largest ILLEGAL prison
israel is a state that defies what is ILLEGAL through its actions
israel in itself is an ILLEGAL ENTITY

All untrue, If you look up what Illegal is and find the laws that they've broken.
And FYI war crimes does not make a state not existense i.e. Crimes of USA in Iraq, Crimes of Japan in Nanking etc.
The West Bank and Gaza strip are nor prisons, Have you even been there before.

blackandgold
so you see in my mind israel does not and should not exist.

Funny, that's what mental patients say. They saw the invisible man telling them to kill their family in their mind.
Therefore using your logic, I concur that you are crazy
[QUOTE=The West Bank and Gaza strip are nor prisons, Have you even been there before.

you obviously don't watch the news much if you havn't seen the horrific conditions the palestinians are kept in and the fact that they have been living under a seige for over 2 years AS IF THEY ARE PRISINORS!
blackandgold
you obviously don't watch the news much if you havn't seen the horrific conditions the palestinians are kept in and the fact that they have been living under a seige for over 2 years AS IF THEY ARE PRISINORS!

True, but over the past two years. That area has been under the control of Hamas. Who slaughter their own citizens who are sympathetic with Israel as well as other citizens. Everything bad that has happened to the Palestineans in the past 2 years has been brought on by Hamas aggression. This does not mean that Israel is entirely innocent, Just that it could have been avoided if it wern't for Hamas or other extremists.

The last time I visited Israel was in 2004 and I also visited the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the conditions were the same if not better than some other countries that I've visited.
manwithaplan
True, but over the past two years. That area has been under the control of Hamas. Who slaughter their own citizens who are sympathetic with Israel as well as other citizens. Everything bad that has happened to the Palestineans in the past 2 years has been brought on by Hamas aggression. This does not mean that Israel is entirely innocent, Just that it could have been avoided if it wern't for Hamas or other extremists.

The last time I visited Israel was in 2004 and I also visited the West Bank and East Jerusalem, the conditions were the same if not better than some other countries that I've visited.

i went in 2007 and the conditions were horrific, im sure they were great in 2004 because palestine wasn't under seige then. Also hamas have been firing rockets over in response to the seige, they clearly stated that if the seige is lifted then they would stop the rockets. Anyway, those rockets haven't caused any deaths or a minimum of 50. however, israel has killed over 20000 palestinians in the past 7 years and a majority of them being civillians.
Reply 57
Bismarck
How would you behave toward me if I told you you had no right to exist?

What, Britain?

Maybe point to the years of gradual social movement which have led to a single state run democratically by a diverse group of people who have descended from people who have always lived on the land/who have been let in by those people/a few who haven"t actually been let in legally but generally live rather inoffensively not trying to take over half the country. Point also to the fact that very few people have been thrown out of their land here in recent years. Then say "and that"s why it is not particularly controversial that we have a right to exist, because no-one else has any better claim to the land, historical or otherwise"?

I dunno, that would probs be how I went about it.

If I was Israeli I would probably just tell them they were anti-Semitic :dontknow:

Peace x
blackandgold
i went in 2007 and the conditions were horrific, im sure they were great in 2004 because palestine wasn't under seige then. Also hamas have been firing rockets over in response to the seige, they clearly stated that if the seige is lifted then they would stop the rockets. Anyway, those rockets haven't caused any deaths or a minimum of 50. however, israel has killed over 20000 palestinians in the past 7 years and a majority of them being civillians.

I find it ironic that Hamas can afford to shoot rockets into Israel yet, they can't afford to pay for food, water, shelter etc. for their own civilians.
Oh and 3 mistakes in your post:

The Gaza Strip and West Bank arn't under seige

More than 50 have been killed by rocket attacks

The majority killed havn't been civilians and it's not Israels fault that Hamas use Human shields, I saw an interesting quote earlier "A Cat cares more for its kittens than a Palestinean mother cares for her children"

Next time give some sources.
Also I don't see why Israel have to end the so-called "seige" and give into terrorists. I strongly believe that no country or person should ever give into the demands of anyone using or threatening to use force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Qassam_rocket_attacks
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Number_of_Morter_and_Rocket_Attacks_2001_Through_2008V5.jpg
Reply 59
Caprylate
Joke I found on the BBC website.

Q: How many Arabs does it take to change a lightbulb?
A. None - they'd rather squat in the dark and blame Israel.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7925564.stm

BBC doesn't lie.

I guess that's not anti-semitic although I may be wrong;

Being anti-Arab wouldn't get you warned on here.

Try again.

Latest

Trending

Trending