The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="sunshine7"]
Vexed
Nice one, I'm doing Frankenstein, Wuthering Heights and Dr Faustus. I like the course too.

What does it mean breaking social codes? Relating to Wutehring heghts?What can i talk about?

I would suggest that it is throught the isolation of the characters and thus incestuos and volatile relationships that are formed.

However the 'social codes' are also broken with the arrival of Heathcliff into the Earnshaw household, and the destruction an outsider causes to an entire family. He is someone of little stauts initially who manages to ruin the lives of several generations.

You could also discuss the rejection of religion by several central characters such as Heathcliff but also at time senior Cathy.

* These are just ideas i have thought of from the top of my head the AQA mark scheme may be more helpful :smile:
Reply 501
Does anyone have their notes for Gatsby they could put up here? We're being forced to do it for section A but with our teacher being away for 2 months when we should have been taught it I'm severely lacking on the note front. From study aids I can compensate for A01, A03, A04 and the form and structure components of A02, but have very few notes analyzing the language, which is probably the biggest chunk of section A, part a.

Any help?!?
Reply 502
ahyork
U doing it for section A? i have the whole paper from january.
Question for Section A, Ancient Mariner was:
(a) Write about the ways that Coleridge tells the story in Part III of the poem.

(b) How do you respond to the idea that the most terrifying aspect of the mariner's experience is the game of dice played by Death and Life-in-Death?

I've got that paper!!!! I've done A, i am stuck on B...any ideas? i know that the game decides his fate...but...what else? thats only one point...:s-smilie:
zahzah786
I've got that paper!!!! I've done A, i am stuck on B...any ideas? i know that the game decides his fate...but...what else? thats only one point...:s-smilie:

You could write about the horror of the characters playing the game, the idea of chance indicating that there is no God, the supernatural etc or you could also disagree, and chose a different aspect of the mariner's experience that you find more terriying such as the undrinkable water, inability to pray etc. I did The Ancient Mariner for Part A last year, our question was easier than that though. :smile:
Reply 504
annab1684
this is what we're hoping..
it was 50/84 for an A in January - let's hope it stays that way!

is this true!? it seems very low!
Reply 505
Silvertongue
Do you have any idea what full UMS would have been then?:s-smilie:

Sorry if this is a very stupid question, but what is the full UMS?
Reply 506
katiekyn92
Err... I think I have. If I can find it I will send you a copy. But thats a bit unlikely, my stuff is in a dreadful mess atm

that would be so so helpful if you could show me an example of your work!
Reply 507
vb23
is this true!? it seems very low!

Actually for spec b it was out of 112 in january.
I got 91/112 which was a B. A's were high nineties/hundred mark I think
Reply 508
Selenax
Actually for spec b it was out of 112 in january.
I got 91/112 which was a B. A's were high nineties/hundred mark I think

it couldnt have been out of 112 because i got 117 :s-smilie:
Reply 509
out of 120?

Latest

Trending

Trending