The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In Hz.
Intelligence encompasses far too many aspects to be measured comprehensively. I don't think you can.
Being Open Minded, generally, willing to consider other points of view
cranial circumference
i get a lot of brain,
should be fairly intelligent by now :p:
By manners, by the way you speak... Things like that.
Reply 7
Je ne sais qua?
Wit.

Academic intelligence is determined by the determination of the student.

I have a friend who is basically not doing very well at his A levels, but hes so sharp and quick-witted and humourous I think hes intelligent
Through their conversations with me - that gives me a general idea of their intelligence levels :smile:
How much rep you have.
Size/weight of brain.
Reply 12
length of penis.
Total income/total effort.
Reply 14
You can't, it's like trying to measure happiness.

Psychometry isn't advanced enough to even decide what intelligence is let alone test it. And the IQ test was only meant to highlight problem cases in education originally. It still does.
Reply 15
theres more than one type or intelligence so theres more than one way of measuring intelligence. Some people can be highly academic yet has a **** social intelligence and vice versa...
:smile:
by what they talk about in conversations
Well there is multiple types of intelligence. Of course there is social (conversational) intelligence, creative intelligence, academic intelligence, problem-solving intelligence.

An IQ test only takes into account the last 2
Reply 18
Rizzletastic
Well there is multiple types of intelligence. Of course there is social (conversational) intelligence, creative intelligence, academic intelligence, problem-solving intelligence.

An IQ test only takes into account the last 2

You forgot wisdom and common sense, intuition, mechanical aptitude and so on.

If you can't test creative intelligence then its not really possible to test problem solving intelligence, as lateral thinking isn't covered. And academic intelligence is a bit of a moot term. I mean you might be studying music so maths could be worthless to you and English. IQ tests are abysmal at measuring genius as well, for example distinguishing between an IQ of 160 and 200 is arbitrary to say the least. And some geniuses clearly fall outside of 140, with IQs lower than 120 or even average IQs.
By how hot they are.

Latest

Trending

Trending