The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
FreshPrincess1
I think i'm the only loser wanting to know about S2 lol

Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial markscheme soon please?

Hope it went well for everyone!!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=926229 see post 13
anyone know how many marks for 7d?
Reply 282
Yeah I couldn't get the standard deviation one or 8c. either. Should be low grade boundaries this year though.
Reply 283
biatch
Yeah I couldn't get the standard deviation one or 8c. either. Should be low grade boundaries this year though.

Wasn't too hard..

Im guessing 63/64 for an A
Reply 284
biatch

Did u minus (E(x))^2 ? thats where most people made the mistake

And what about the Ln question at the end? I got ln0.8 = 2x/15 (something like that)
Reply 285
So you got the correct SD? I got the logarithms one. Did you get the one after that?
im too tired now to remember my answers.. will post up tmrw morning but i dropped around 15 marks.
Ali M
im too tired now to remember my answers.. will post up tmrw morning but i dropped around 15 marks.

I dropped 4-7 marks that I KNOW of.
Anyone know how many marks the hypothesis testing on beans was worth? Just realised i got it completely wrong as I accidentally read off the n=30 table. Hoping I should at least get a few method marks as I wrote down every step and did the right thing.
Lol that paper was much harder than any of the 4-5 past papers I did, mainly because of the Standard Deviation part that was worth 7 marks.

I wasn't able to get 0.8.... and ran out of time in the end, but managed to do the other parts, and it seems correctly. Also, in that question I did try a bit of integrating so I'll probably get some marks, maybe two or three.

On the plus side I did manage to get 1.7 in the last question (1.65... rounded to 1.7) and £216 for the profit. There's another thread on here somewhere where a guy put up all of his answers - how he remembers them is beyond me.
someone gonna upload the paper orrrr
For both hypothesis question, I rejected H0 I think... Is that right?
damn it!!! i think i lost one mark :frown:
ProgressDesired
Lol that paper was much harder than any of the 4-5 past papers I did, mainly because of the Standard Deviation part that was worth 7 marks.

I wasn't able to get 0.8.... and ran out of time in the end, but managed to do the other parts, and it seems correctly. Also, in that question I did try a bit of integrating so I'll probably get some marks, maybe two or three.

On the plus side I did manage to get 1.7 in the last question (1.65... rounded to 1.7) and £216 for the profit. There's another thread on here somewhere where a guy put up all of his answers - how he remembers them is beyond me.

Oh where?
~charmaine~
Oh where?

here i will post it again.... all credit to vc94 for this
Reply 295
My answers matched up neatly with vc94's proposed mark scheme in post #13.
I think it was quite disgusting where it said they want a length size x so that the probability of no faults is 0.

I've looked at that unofficially mark scheme and they use LOGS. Not C1 or C2 logs but bloody A2 level logs (ln) What the heck is all that about? I knew it was something I hadn't done but I'm sure stats only requires knowledge of C1/C2 (if that, since some people do standalaone statistics) What the hell was all that about? So lost marks there (thanks edexcel :s-smilie:) and also with the lower quartile q (think I forgot to integrate)

Ack <_<
lilangel890
I think it was quite disgusting where it said they want a length size x so that the probability of no faults is 0.

I've looked at that unofficially mark scheme and they use LOGS. Not C1 or C2 logs but bloody A2 level logs (ln) What the heck is all that about? I knew it was something I hadn't done but I'm sure stats only requires knowledge of C1/C2 (if that, since some people do standalaone statistics) What the hell was all that about? So lost marks there (thanks edexcel :s-smilie:) and also with the lower quartile q (think I forgot to integrate)

Ack <_<

that question was horrible.. really really horrible.

i messed up the defenitions question too.
hmm *****. dropped more marks than I anticipated. Grade boundaries better be ~ 60 for an A rather than 65.
hope so... log qn was a stinger as was the stupid stupid definitions one grrrrr. reckon i've dropped 10... good mark scheme tho thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending