The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had time table problems when I started my Alevels. I wanted to do Spanish, but only French would fit. If I'd done Spanish, I'd have had to drop maths. If I was to start again with no restrictions, I'd do Spanish, English Language, English Literature and Maths. As it were, I did French, English Literature, History, Maths and Further Maths.
kellywood_5
I'm perfectly happy with my A-levels actually :biggrin: I'm one of the few people in my year who hasn;t changed or dropped at least 1 subject. I know a lot of people who've changed pretty much their whole set of A-levels! I was lucky with sociology because I had no idea what that was like, but I love it. It's a good thing I enjoy all my subjects really because I can't think of any other subject I'd want to do. I'm not a sciency person, and I can't think of any other arts subjects I like either.

Geography? :biggrin:
Charlottie
I had time table problems when I started my Alevels. I wanted to do Spanish, but only French would fit. If I'd done Spanish, I'd have had to drop maths. If I was to start again with no restrictions, I'd do Spanish, English Language, English Literature and Maths. As it were, I did French, English Literature, History, Maths and Further Maths.

Omg I had so many time table problems- it was a disaster! I wasn't allowed to do German and Music last year, and my school also made me take a 'contrasting' subject anyway, so I had to do Biology instead of Music. Then this year they changed the timetables all round so I could do A2 Music (as well as English, History and German) but I was forced to drop Biology and I have to teach myself AS Music. :frown: If only there were more hours in the day!
Reply 23
Virtually everyone in my year had to change at least one of their chosen AS subjects, because of all the timetable problems. It always takes a couple of months for everyone to get sorted out, so the first few weeks of lessons really don't matter :smile:
Reply 24
I enjoy all of my A2s but I'm also doing AS Law which I don't think much of....

If I'd been braver I think I would have done further maths instead.
-Sian-
Geography? :biggrin:

God no, dropped that at the end of Year 9 lol.
Reply 26
English language, English literature, Philosophy and Music
kellywood_5
God no, dropped that at the end of Year 9 lol.

:mad: How could you? :frown: :frown: lol
I would never have taken History, man what a waste of a year (for me anyway - no offense to people who take History! lol) I would have probably taken Philosophy or Maths (statistics) instead.
Reply 29
I wish I'd taken something like Geography/Earth sciences maybe maths and/or physics in order to give me more options.
Reply 30
shazzam
I wish I'd taken something like Geography/Earth sciences maybe maths and/or physics in order to give me more options.

I didn't know there was A-level earth science. :confused:
Reply 31
Pegasus
I enjoy all of my A2s but I'm also doing AS Law which I don't think much of....

If I'd been braver I think I would have done further maths instead.

out of interest why is it you don't like as law?
-Sian-
:mad: How could you? :frown: :frown: lol

Lol, because it didn't interest me at all and I can't even point out England on a map! Too sciency for me, I prefer history :p:
Reply 33
kellywood_5
Lol, because it didn't interest me at all and I can't even point out England on a map! Too sciency for me, I prefer history :p:

Not all geography topics are sciency. Human geography is not sciency, most of them is common sense.
Reply 34
I like all my subjects ( maths, stats, economics ,law) basicly. But if I can choose again, I might pick history instead of law. The best choice for me should be to take history as the fifth subject which I requested. But I was told that the college has a regulation that one students can take no more than four subjects at the same time!!!!!!!! And the thing is I can't drop law to take history as I'm on a 18 month course. I can only get my AS result next Jan so if I drop it after summer , I get nothing for these five months.
Reply 35
oh..I want to study philosophy as well which my college doesn't offer.
Reply 36
he1c14h10
oh..I want to study philosophy as well which my college doesn't offer.

You could teach yourself or go to another school/college to do it.
I'd have taken Computing over ICT and History over PE
Reply 38
recurring
I'd have taken Computing over ICT and History over PE

Good choice as Computing is more interesting than ICT.
Reply 39
if i had the chance to do 2 more i'd have done art and geography.

Latest