The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hibz123
Yes, But why criticise Arabs when other cultures contribute very minimal amounts?

That's what the thread is about. And the Muslim author clearly wants his people to become great again, and in realising that sees that they have to bother to do something. I can see why they don't do anything though, in arab countries its so hot most of the time you can barely think, but I guess aircon is about now.
Reply 61
James_22
Just because you can't get any mate.

Maybe you'd rather have this woman:

That's all you're gonna get anyway!

I already have a hot girlfriend lol. Have fun with your arab women though, with their huge noses tiny breasts and extreme ugliness past the age of 30 , and did I forget the over powering perfume? I don't deny some can be good looking of course, but if we are to go on the majority... I didn't imply that most of the UK was any better either, tard.
Reply 62
Elipsis
That's what the thread is about. And the Muslim author clearly wants his people to become great again, and in realising that sees that they have to bother to do something. I can see why they don't do anything though, in arab countries its so hot most of the time you can barely think, but I guess aircon is about now.

Yes, but to say "Achieved nothing" is a bit of a profound generalisation.
Reply 63
Hibz123
Yes, but to say "Achieved nothing" is a bit of a profound generalisation.

I keep saying it's obviously not nothing, but its very little.
Reply 64
James_22
Mate you don't know what you're missing. I have travelled the middle east every year and there are some gorgeous babes just waiting to be ******. woman I got with was an animal in the bedroom.

I've been around that general area too, and I was very let down by the talent. Serbian women = where it's at.
Reply 65
He's right about the "discourse of conspiracy". Arab leaders fail, they blame their failure on the West and the Jews, and the Arab people buy it.
Reply 66
amii_G
They've kept countries like Dubai and Qatar beautiful for us tourist lot. :p:

Qatar represent!
Reply 67
Dubai is ******* wicked. Also am I right in saying they invented algebra? The pyramids? Writing? Ibn Senna discovered that the heart pumps blood around the body before Harvey. Medical contributions. Mathematical conributions. Fantastic architecture, evidence of which you can see in Spain/India and many other countries. Arabic literature/poetry.

And Arabic woman :coma:
Reply 68
Superb video. Took the words right from my mouth. He is no self-hating arab, he should be branded a hero for telling the truth.

Arabism is a joke. Maybe it existed in the time of the Prophet but the whole concept of Arabism is as Anwar Malek put it 'failure packed in success'. Makes me sick that they are muslims to be honest. Gives us all a bad name.
Wait up im pretty sure Arabs invented Algebra, The number 0, and invented medicine. This is a pretty big contribution and they did alot in science a long time ago. Nowadays i guess they dont do much apart from provide oil.
Reply 70
Why did someone write about Persians? its like saying what did the Spanish do and answering it with what the British have done :s-smilie:
Reply 71
What really drives me mad is that Arabs think that it was by virtue of race that they achieved so much in the past. They forget that it was Islam that made the Arabs great not the other way around.
Reply 72
Elipsis
I agree that they have as a whole contributed somewhere between nothing and very little to the earth. I wonder if they were gone what we would be missing out on right now?

Militant fundamentalism?
Noémie
watching the video is long
but i will say this
without the persian empire (which isn't arab specifically) we wouldn't have aristotle's work, because the persians rescued it and took it back from the roman empire which was happily letting anything non-warlike fall into nothingness.
there's plenty of other stuff, like armour, battle tactics, science, medicine, literature etc etc etc the persians gave us. in my humble opinion, their contribution was greater in worldwide importance than the roman empire.

Thats what i was thinking, but he talks about the Arabs of modern times. He's saying compared to their ancestors achievements in terms of medicine, maths, philosophy, science and military might the modern Arabs are failures. I think he's essentially right to be honest.
In1Su
No

made me lol...
James_22
Arab ladies are fine :wink:

The second to last is persian.
In1Su
What really drives me mad is that Arabs think that it was by virtue of race that they achieved so much in the past. They forget that it was Islam that made the Arabs great not the other way around.

Arabs established Islam.
:rolleyes:
Dirac Delta Function
Arabs established Islam.
:rolleyes:

No they never!!!
Didn't Arabs invent the place value number system, so our numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9? thats a prety big achievment.
Reply 79
Noémie
watching the video is long
but i will say this
without the persian empire (which isn't arab specifically) we wouldn't have aristotle's work, because the persians rescued it and took it back from the roman empire which was happily letting anything non-warlike fall into nothingness.
there's plenty of other stuff, like armour, battle tactics, science, medicine, literature etc etc etc the persians gave us. in my humble opinion, their contribution was greater in worldwide importance than the roman empire.

You're comparing one empire to the complete history of a area of land.

Compare the empires boundaries and all its contributions throughout history if you're to make comparisons.

Latest

Trending

Trending