The Student Room Group

Great film quotes

From "Apocolypse Now."

Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From The Boondock Saints:

(Got to imagine Irish accents for this one.)
Connor: Now you will receive us.
Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.
Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.
Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
Murphy: With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Connor: Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.
Murphy: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behaviour and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.
Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Il Duce: In nomine Patri.
Connor: Et Fili.
Murphy: Spiritus Sancti.

Rocco: Is it dead?!

Yakavetta: The 90's are killing me. I shouldn't have done that. You're not supposed to tell a guy you're gonna kill him no more. I got to tiptoe through the tulips with these assholes. Taking all the fun out of the job.

There are so many more for that film but it would take some imaginative use of getting around the swear filter to be able to post them...
Hravan
From The Boondock Saints:

(Got to imagine Irish accents for this one.)
Connor: Now you will receive us.
Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.
Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.
Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.
Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.
Murphy: With every breath we shall hunt them down.
Connor: Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.
Murphy: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.
Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behaviour and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.
Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.
Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Il Duce: In nomine Patri.
Connor: Et Fili.
Murphy: Spiritus Sancti.

Rocco: Is it dead?!

Yakavetta: The 90's are killing me. I shouldn't have done that. You're not supposed to tell a guy you're gonna kill him no more. I got to tiptoe through the tulips with these assholes. Taking all the fun out of the job.

There are so many more for that film but it would take some imaginative use of getting around the swear filter to be able to post them...

"The Boondock Saints" is a great film!
quote? that's a ******* essay lol
Another from "Apocolypse Now"

Kurtz: [intercepted radio message] I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.
From Trading Places:

"You seen Porgy and Bess? ...We can make it baby...me and you!
...Bitch!!
Reply 6
thunder_chunky
"The Boondock Saints" is a great film!

I know!!! Cannot wait for the squeal :excited:

There are better quotes than those three but with the f-word alone being used 239 times (or something like that) it's pretty hard to post them here...

Although...

Conner: Is that right, Rambo? :cool:

Connor: The rule of thumb here is...
Rosengurtie: Wait, rule of thumb? In the early 1900s it was legal for men to beat their wives, as long as they used a stick no wider than their thumb.
Connor: Can't do much damage with that then, can we? Perhaps it should have been a rule of wrist?

Smecker: So you're telling me it was one guy with six guns, and he was a senior frigging citizen?

Rocco: I killed your cat, you druggie b***h.
Donna: God.
Rayvie: What?
Donna: Why?
Rocco: I thought it would bring closure to our relationship.

and the rest of the Boondock Saints script... epic film.... So going to Toronto one year for St Patrick's Day and going to McVeigh's (124 Church street, off Richmond Street, Toronto). It's where they shot McGuinty's and it's exactly where they say it is in the film, in comparison with the alleyway where they shot the flying toilet scene.
Reply 7
i'll be back.
Reply 8
the circle of life and all that...
Reply 9
I've got a bad feeling about this.
but benjamin, sometimes you have to lose the people you love...how else will you know how important they are to you?

gimme the keys you cocksuckin mother ****************************************
Reply 11
What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in "What"?!
What?
English, ************! Do you speak it?!
Yes!
Then you know what I'm saying. Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
What?
Say "what" again. Say "what" again! I dare you! I double-dare you, ************! Say "what" one more goddamn time!

Pulp fiction ^^ =P
Reply 12
You come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding and you ask me to do murder.....
Reply 13
Gary Johnston: Jesus, this is a nice limo.
Spottswoode: Yes, it is. Now suck my cock.
MBibzle
Gary Johnston: Jesus, this is a nice limo.
Spottswoode: Yes, it is. Now suck my cock.

:top: I love team america! funny ****
Reply 15
Elvis: Yo, man, I ain't askin' nobody nothin'! Nick, Slevin, Clark Kent, whatever the **** your name is. The Virgin Mary herself could com waltzin' up in here with her fine ass, titties hangin' out and everything, and if she tells me your name is Jesus Christ, I still gotta take you to see the Boss. You know why?
Slevin Kelevra: No.
Elvis: Orders. Now you do know what orders is right?
Slevin Kelevra: I think I know...
Elvis: Orders is orders.
Slevin Kelevra: So, I guess no one ever taught you not to use the word your defining in the definition.
Elvis: [smirks, punches Slevin] Say something else! I will break your ************* nose! I ain't playing with you!
Slevin Kelevra: My nose is already broken.
[scene cuts, with audio of Slevin being punched again, to Slevin's nose broken again]

Lucky Number Slevin
Reply 16
Anything from Pulp Fiction. Anything.
- Hello Cameron speaking

- Campervan talk to me

- Talk to you?

- Yeh

- Well i'm selling a campervan and..

- How many miles it done?

- 148? You've been a busy boy haven't you.

- Indeed yeh

- Where'd you drive it to, the moon?

- Almost yeh

- Where you been with it?

- Just western europe, Slovenia, Croatia.

- Bit of Croatia? Beautiful, I hear the sea's are very clear in Croatia

- Crystal clear yeh

- I wouldn't drive it Iceland that's for sure, you've got the blue lagoon in Iceland there's couples ******* like rabbits all over the place

- No i'll have to check it out next time

- Right, how much do you want for it?

- 4200? i tell you what i'll give you 2 grand

- No i can't negotiate to that kind of level

- Yes you can son, you're not on Bondai beach anymore, you're sipping a warm fosters scratching your arse you're in my town now. I'll give you 3-7.

- 3700?

- £3700, i won't say it i'll sing it THREE FAAZAND SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDDDDDSSS

- Right that sounds more realistic

- Sounds realistic to you, sounds like a ******* joke to me. I'll give you 3-2

- Urm

- Urm Urm Urm, ******* hell wake up son you're sitting in front on the TV what's on Neighbours?

- No, the channel 4 news

- Turn it off! Get your record player put on 'How To Do Business With Terry Tibbs' it's available now on compact disc and 7 inch

- Right well yeh it's at 3-7

- You seem bewildered?

- No, you're just a very interesting person i haven't met somebody...

- Thankyou very much that's why they call me Terry Tibbs. That's why i've been doing what i've been doing for as many years as i have. That's why i've had 6 wives, not including the seventh she was underage. I had no ******* idea, i was drunk, i was in Ukraine, Vladair said here you go, I said **** me that's the best looking arse i've seen. Next thing i know i'm in Jail.

- That's not good is it

- Not good at all, you ever been to Jail?

- No urm

- I say it once it's wall to wall man friends. If you see the baldest of my hand and the broadness of my neck you might think i'm a woofty but i tell you what you say that to me again i'll come round, i'll cut your balls off, i'll put them in the frying pan, soutre them in a little bit of butter parsley garlic. Very nice bit of rice there you go. Mustapha taught me that one, he's dead now.

- Right

- Yeh

- That's pretty heavy

- That was 28 years ago

- Right so how many kids to you have then?

- **** knows, but that is why they call me Terry Tibbs. Thankyou goodnight.
Too many to list, but from Inherit the Wind, 12 Angry Men and QT movies XD
Steven Seagal......

"You can take that to the bank.......................the blood bank."

Latest