The Student Room Group

can u do A2

heyhey kk so my exams are coming up... im prepard for the worst but thats not why im here i was going to ask... if i fail my AS say i get DDD will i be able to go onto A2 someone told me its illegal for your school to stop you from doing A2 or would you have to repeat... im also not to sure on re-sits as people are now saying that uni's can see that you re-sat and on top of that re sits are after you apply to ucas so whats the point in a re sit ?

THANKS
xx
Reply 1
I dunno but it up to your school if they decide to keep you or not for A2..
Reply 2
ahh ok then i guess im ****** my schools set the bar at CCC so thats why i was wondering if it was legal for them to pull u out after one year
sharpiiie
so whats the point in a re sit ?

Just because a University can see that you have done resits doesn't mean that they will reject you because of them. If you ultimately end up with at least the grades required for the course I'm fairly sure you will get in unless it is a high demand course

By the way I think its pretty much up to the school if they want to let you back.
Reply 4
Of course. If they feel you're not doing well enough at AS they have full authority to throw you out
Reply 5
but is it up to you when you apply to ucas?? like my school says we apply in like feb or march next year and apparantly results for re sits come out after that ???
Reply 6
sharpiiie
but is it up to you when you apply to ucas?? like my school says we apply in like feb or march next year and apparantly results for re sits come out after that ???

If you took a gap year you could apply the year after instead.
Reply 7
i already repeated a year ahah

Latest