The Student Room Group

The TSR Geology Society!

Scroll to see replies

trm90
omg, I had no idea Cummingtonite was a rock :rofl:! Fact of the month, seriously...

it's not. it's a mineral!
Neither did I! :smile: That's brightened my day of physics revision!
ahhh geology exams tomorow and im just gonna fail.
teh questions are so ahrd to answer and i can write essays at all!
anyone got any tips? is WJEC mods 1 and 3
how did you find the exams today?
i thought paper 3 the questions were really hard but then the essays were ok, i did the first one about mass wasting
I know that the workload in Geology is rather intensive but can someone give me an idea of how difficult it would be to attain certain grades etc.

Given that we're already spending roughly 5-6 hours at university per day, am I going to be locked up in my bedroom for the rest of the night just to attain something like a 2.1 for example?

They did mention there was a huge difference between a science degree and a humanities degree in attaining this.
third year Geologist at Glasgow uni here.

Dont know why i'm posting actually, maybe it's 'cause geographers make up the vast majority on this forum, which, naturally, fills me with delight as it means all the more jobs for me. But it also infuriates that people are silly enough to pick geography over geology..?!
Reply 786
People voted for the Nazis and like Geography. They cannot be trusted. I myself am going into 3rd Year Geo at Glasgow Uni, filling your shoes as it were...
Anyone know where to get hold of WJEC mark schemes?
Reply 788
Hopefully doing geology next year at uni! Just waiting for A level results *prays*
lily-anne
Hopefully doing geology next year at uni! Just waiting for A level results *prays*

Oooh, my firm is also Oxford! Hopefuly we'll both end up there then :smile:
Reply 790
Pocket Calculator
it's not. it's a mineral!

clino-jimthompsonite > cummingtonite.
currently doing A2 geology! first time in the history of my college, thanks to my wonderfull powers of persuasion :smile:
geology '09 (hopefully) :woo:
Reply 792
steph of the antarctic
currently doing A2 geology! first time in the history of my college, thanks to my wonderfull powers of persuasion :smile:
geology '09 (hopefully) :woo:

Woohoo! Where you going to be applying then? What sort of geology do you like?

*bombards with questions*
trm90
Woohoo! Where you going to be applying then? What sort of geology do you like?

*bombards with questions*

i think i've got it sorted so that i'm applying to Leicester, Bristol, Royal Holloway, Edinburgh and Leeds. :smile: hopefully one of the first 4 :biggrin:
i love the structural and tectonics the most although pretty much everytime i see a rock i'm like 'OMG! did you see that *insert structure here*. the only thing i don't like that much is paleontology (its waaaayyy to close to biology for my liking) lmao
where are u applying and what A-levels are u takin?
*also bombards with queations* lol
Reply 794
Good luck with your application, I applied to Bristol, Royal Holloway and Edinburgh what is your order of preference?
im applying for geology at uni

bristol, birmingham, cardiff, imperial, southampton
and why not leicester, we have are the best in the country iun certain poles at the mo and have one of the highest employmentrates in the country!!!
Go leicester!!!
I'm gonna graduate in 6 months.... I don't want to leave!! God what am I going to do :s eek
Just wondering if someone could help me out, I'm doing Advanced Higher Geography and part of my study I have found out the Geology of the two sites one being - Devonian/Upper Devonian and the second site Permo-Triassic. Does the presence of such rock types influence the rate of erosion and if so why?

Thanks, p.s the study areas are in the North-east of Scotland - Lossiemouth and Clashach Cove.
rosie9391
Just wondering if someone could help me out, I'm doing Advanced Higher Geography and part of my study I have found out the Geology of the two sites one being - Devonian/Upper Devonian and the second site Permo-Triassic. Does the presence of such rock types influence the rate of erosion and if so why?

Thanks, p.s the study areas are in the North-east of Scotland - Lossiemouth and Clashach Cove.
they're rock ages, not types! what rocks are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending