The Student Room Group

Geology at Bristol

Hi, I've just got an offer from Bristol to Study geology - its lower than I expected it to be has anyone else got lower offers for geology this year? Or does this mean they are keen to have me on or does it indicate towards a struggling department that is trying to get more people, I may have got the wrong end of the stuck but I just want to make sure, Thank you!
Original post by harryw17
Hi, I've just got an offer from Bristol to Study geology - its lower than I expected it to be has anyone else got lower offers for geology this year? Or does this mean they are keen to have me on or does it indicate towards a struggling department that is trying to get more people, I may have got the wrong end of the stuck but I just want to make sure, Thank you!

Can't comment on whether Bristol Geology is struggling, but across all UK universities applications for Geology/Earth Sciences courses have falling.
Reply 2

Do you mind me asking what offer you received?
Reply 3
Original post by Yaidog
Do you mind me asking what offer you received?

BBC
Reply 4
BBC

Thank you

Hello!
That's very exciting to hear about your offer, congratulations! Lancaster doesn't offer a strictly geology course but I am a second year Earth and Environmental Science student and I am currently undertaking a module called Geoscience in practice which will generate knowledge for my field trip in summer term to the Isle of Mull in Scotland learning about geologic mapping. There is also then the opportunity to take the learning further in third year and go to Italy to study Mt Etna and its geology which is super exciting! I will leave a link to the course below https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/earth-and-environmental-science-bsc-hons-ff68/2025/

Thanks,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending