The Student Room Group

Ideal Plan?

Please tell me about my plan, it can work or not:
I m polish. I finished veterinary technical college in Poland, I am stduing now medicine on Ukraine, but to stay here it is impossible for me.
My PLAN:
1.Transfer to Biomedical Sc or Microbiology for 2009 ( some uni agreed: for ex. Aberdeen, Plymouth, Surrey, Kingston)
2.GRADuATE on 2.1
3.Taking one year breake to make status of migrant worker, get some work experience and pass GAMSAT or UKCAT or BMAT, and prepare for it
4Apply to medicine
What you think about my plan? Here on ukraine i done already a year of practice in hospital:woo:
why do you need migrant worker status?

its as good a plan as any other, but you will need to speak to student finance direct to get them to clarify your entitlements to funding, because you might not be entitled to tuition fee loans (because you will be a graduate) and you might not be allowed maintenance loans (because you are not from the uk).
Reply 2
i spoke... i will be eligibe for maintenance loan when I will have status of migrant worker.
cool, go for it. make sure you get plenty of worthwhile work experience. :smile:
Reply 4
next question for you" you think wich course in this case will be the best:
biomed sc (with anatomy) (aberdeen)
microbiology(medical), or genetics microbiology or standard (surrey)
biomed sc (kingston, plymouth, bradford, wolverhampton)
Reply 5
Aberdeen personally.
Id say go for aberdeen try to avoid kingston plymouth etc as they are ex polys and genereally not held in as high regard as traditional unis which could be determental when you apply to medicine. This is coming from someone at an expoly
Reply 7
brokenangel
Id say go for aberdeen try to avoid kingston plymouth etc as they are ex polys and genereally not held in as high regard as traditional unis which could be determental when you apply to medicine. This is coming from someone at an expoly

Who's told you this?
Reply 8
i want to go on 5yrs medicine... what you think, in this case i need to make A levels or something like this???????????:confused:
Reply 9
Why not finish medicine where you are now (how many years have you got left?) and than get a job in the UK?
Reply 10
5 years still... no i cannot stay on Ukraine.....
Reply 11
belis
Why not finish medicine where you are now (how many years have you got left?) and than get a job in the UK?

Definately by far the best plan. Let's face it, even if you do manage to get funding, its still extremely competitive to get into graduate medicine, and the fact you have left a medical degree already might not sound too good to admissions.

Why is it so impossible to stay, at least to finish your studies?
Reply 12
i swear.. there its very, very expensive, my mom had stroke, my family cannot help me.. on the ukraine its starting to be very, very dangerous....
Reply 13
BUT!! how are you going to fund the microbiology or Biomed degree? You will not yet be a migrant worker, therefore you will not be entitled to funding.
Reply 14
dagak
i swear.. there its very, very expensive, my mom had stroke, my family cannot help me.. on the ukraine its starting to be very, very dangerous....

UK is not exactly cheap either. You can get a loan for your tutition fees but you will have to fork out money for your accomdation and other expences. I have been supporting myself from a part time job through medical degree and it is doable but not that easy. I guess it depends how much they charge you at the moment.
Reply 15
yes i want like you also.. but on ukraine, you are depend only from your parents.. there is no anywhere any work... living starting to be expensive, and also i must pay tution fees, and we cant get any loan for it.
Reply 16
Shockley
BUT!! how are you going to fund the microbiology or Biomed degree? You will not yet be a migrant worker, therefore you will not be entitled to funding.

As a EU student I am eligible for tution fee loan. For living- working....

Latest

Trending

Trending