The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yazoo.C
Yes it was 473

what question was this?
Reply 21
I never meant to say multipe choice, force of habbit with other papers.

What has contributed in browser software to the increase in networks, also what is the scope of a global variable?
Reply 22
Dj-Dark-1
The very first question in multiple choice was the answer "0111011001". Was it positive 473?

Noo did you have to invert it from 0's to 1's and vise versa? Ahh I didn't do that because I didn't think there would be 2 questions on that seeing as 1b was that. I got 551.
Reply 23
..."011101100"?

The first question was 1000100111, which = 551
Reply 24
I got 551
Reply 25
Rachely
Noo did you have to invert it from 0's to 1's and vise versa? Ahh I didn't do that because I didn't think there would be 2 questions on that seeing as 1b was that. I got 551.

551 was what I got aswell :smile:
Reply 26
Dj-Dark-1
I never meant to say multipe choice, force of habbit with other papers.

What has contributed in browser software to the increase in networks, also what is the scope of a global variable?

I still dont know which question you are talking about. The very first question i got 551 i think.

Browser software i said they now have GUIs which means inexperienced users could use them. Also said they have more functions. (second part was a guess).

Scope of a global variable I think is the parts of the program which can see it, since its global that is the entire program.
Reply 27
Oh thank god. I didn't think you had to invert it...but I guess the positive in bold makes people think to do that.
Reply 28
I think I mucked up a bit lol, I thought it asked to invert that into a positive number using two's compliment. God that's a bad start getting the first question wrong.
Reply 29
Is a possible hardware compatibility issue having too slow a processor?
Is a technical reason for choosing a client server network that you can implement security more easily?
I got 551 for the first one - what is the correct answer :{

Im really scared about the exam I actually have no clue on how i've done I really need to see solutions
Reply 31
teendude
i said the exact same for the hardware compatability. You could of used backing storage
The technical reason i said easier to backup the files but i think your answer is correct aswell
Reply 32
Whos involved in the documentation stage? The programmer? and i described the disk editor as being an utility which which erases unneccessaryy files such as temporary internet files.
Questions I got stuck with/wish to know answer to:

4a) I said it allows the user to move physically move data ro another part of a drive....... Last resort answer.

5) A trojan horse doesnt replicate - like a virus and worm do ... last resort answer.

6) Increasing registers - I said an additional data and address bus will allow double the data to be moved at once.

7a) May require a viewer?

9) JPEG is a standard file format so more likely that receiving computing can open?

17b) a user defined fn is like a macro - where the user makes his/her own code???

I really h8ed copmuting systems for some reason - yet found Software Development ok.

18e) can u say that u can get more write-cycles outta the devices now.

20d) Dedicated printer will have large buffer to handle many print jobs - whereas previously printes plugged into statoins would slow up the statoin computer.

20e) Less pop-ups (I loled at my answer for this...) & Can access file serers through its interface.

22a) Procedural?

23b) what was value and what was refernece? I said Category for Value and Cost for reference.

Think thats it for this part - Multimedia section was ok though :smile:
Reply 34
911 bob
teendude
i said the exact same for the hardware compatability. You could of used backing storage
The technical reason i said easier to backup the files but i think your answer is correct aswell

Oh good :biggrin:

Z_Ahmed

Whos involved in the documentation stage? The programmer? and i described the disk editor as being an utility which which erases unnecerally files such as temporary internet files.

I spent ages trying to think of any personnel at all and eventually wrote down programmer. No idea if it is right though.
Disk utility asked for a function right? so i said it can search for unused and unwanted files on a disk drive.
teendude
Is a possible hardware compatibility issue having too slow a processor?
Is a technical reason for choosing a client server network that you can implement security more easily?

Thats what I said - P2P is based on trust - but server can have log ins and varying access to files etc.
Reply 36
Z_Ahmed
Whos involved in the documentation stage? The programmer? and i described the disk editor as being an utility which which erases unneccessaryy files such as temporary internet files.

The documentation stage you have a choice
Client
Systems analyst
Programmer

The disk editor is the exact same as disk cleanup according to H2P book
so i think your answer is spot on for that.
Reply 37
desert
Questions I got stuck with/wish to know answer to:

4a) I said it allows the user to move physically move data ro another part of a drive....... Last resort answer.

5) A trojan horse doesnt replicate - like a virus and worm do ... last resort answer.

6) Increasing registers - I said an additional data and address bus will allow double the data to be moved at once.

7a) May require a viewer?

9) JPEG is a standard file format so more likely that receiving computing can open?

17b) a user defined fn is like a macro - where the user makes his/her own code???

I really h8ed copmuting systems for some reason - yet found Software Development ok.

18e) can u say that u can get more write-cycles outta the devices now.

20d) Dedicated printer will have large buffer to handle many print jobs - whereas previously printes plugged into statoins would slow up the statoin computer.

20e) Less pop-ups (I loled at my answer for this...) & Can access file serers through its interface.

22a) Procedural?

23b) what was value and what was refernece? I said Category for Value and Cost for reference.

Think thats it for this part - Multimedia section was ok though :smile:

Not sure which of these are right:
4a) I said you can search for unused and unwanted files on a disk drive.

5) I said a trojan horse pretends to be something it isn't e.g. a harmless graphics file.

6) I said increasing the number of registers allows more data to be held temporarily which the processor can access at quick speed. (pretty much a guess)

7a) I said operating system might be incompatible.

9) I had no idea and said that JPEG uses compression so the size of the file would be smaller.

17b) I had never even heard of one. I said a user gets to decide what certain things in the program will do e.g. a specific button press can close the program or display help.

18e) your answer sounds fine. I couldnt think of anything and said their physical size has decreased.

20d) I said a print server would be able to spool and queue jobs freeing up transmission. (Another sorta guess)

20e) lol popups. I said GUI and more functions. Only think the first one is right though.

22a) I said procedural. But in hyndsight it might have been event driven.

23b) I said the same
Reply 38
did anyone no 22e? how to format output to two decimal places?
and anyone get 24f. state two other items that should be specified when the array is created. explain why it is a more efficient use of system resources to pass an array by reference rather than value?
Reply 39
I'm going to stop looking at this thread, I'm scaring myself lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending