The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Yazoo.C
Does anyone know what it was supposed to be in true basic? I do remember doing it before but my mind went blank in the exam. It's funny how I wrote a paragraph for each state question and 3 or 4 lines for the explain ones

The SQA should have made Q1a) more clear by putting in the zeros. :mad: After all, in previous years when asked to write e.g 556 in binary they expect people to put in the leading zeros. There goes my perfect 30 in section 1. :frown:

For the parameters one, what type of parameter was amount? And in section 1, the graphical design was it necessary to refine the steps(Q12a)?

People doing the networks section, what did you get for 29b), 39dii

for 29b) i wrote that the node on LAN 2 had a dedicated connection to the hub so cable faults would not effect it
complete guess though
and im guessing you meant 32dii) and i wrote the when the system was being backed up for the first time
another guess though
Reply 61
for the 2 decimal places one, i put percent (#.##)
is this correct?
Reply 62
oh dear i jus realised that there was a part (b) to question 1, REALLY EASY ONE MARK AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT (urghh!!)

also for question 19(a) Name the Act of Parliament that makes this network illegal - i put down ' The Misuse of Computer Act' but when i looked up my notes after the exam it says
' The Computer Misuse Act ' - would i still get a mark even though it means the same thing?
ryan92
for the addressability question, what did everyone get?

I either got 32 or 64Mb, I think it was 64Mb I got.

I wrote quite a bit as well, I filled my booklet in no time!
It was a brilliant paper, I thought, although for anyone who done networking, were you taught what the exact definition of disaster avoidance is?

PHEW. Five out of five, wayhey :smile: !!
Reply 64
Man, I think i did all the correct working for the addressible memory question but wrote 2mb! ha - my friend wrote 12GB's! I was like "you do know it is a palm top pc yeah?" - lol
Reply 65
I thought it was a fair paper; perhaps a bit challenging.

I've done a rough estimate of the marks which I think I got, which took me to about 98/103 out of 140; so an A is a possibility!

Some difficult questions in there!
I felt the exam went well, then I read these pages and im doubting myself, hopefully enough to get a c though. I got 551 for question 1 too, so is this defo wrong?

I didnt like the networking section if im honest.

What do you think the passmarks will be like, lower or higher than last year?
teendude
did anyone no 22e? how to format output to two decimal places?
and anyone get 24f. state two other items that should be specified when the array is created. explain why it is a more efficient use of system resources to pass an array by reference rather than value?

I put precent (.##) and I think mite actually be percent (#.##).

For the other one I said you need to know how many items are going to be in the array.
Reply 68
Omg! I'm such an idiot!

Why on earth did i think it was a declarative language!?

Aww.. so p***ed of now.. =(

I wonder what other stupid mistakes i made..

By the way.. what was the question which people are getting "551" for? The first one? I don't have the paper..
KatMizzle
Omg! I'm such an idiot!

Why on earth did i think it was a declarative language!?

Aww.. so p***ed of now.. =(

I wonder what other stupid mistakes i made..

By the way.. what was the question which people are getting "551" for? The first one? I don't have the paper..

I put declarative as well :frown: I think i put that coz thats normally always the answer, ahwell.

Yeah 551 for question 1
Reply 70
What is browser software?
Ape Gone Insane
Like the name the other type of vector format or whatever asides from SVG. I made one up called "VML" lol.

Luckily for you (assuming your marker is clued-up, which is far from guaranteed), that actually exists and is indeed an XML-based vector graphics format. :p:
Ape Gone Insane
:biggrin:

OMG IT DOES EXIST. I am such a genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Markup_Language

haha well done! :P
Reply 73
I am so gutted . I wanted to write more some questions I knew the answer for. For example the language one, I simply stated the language but forgot to write the explanation! Funny how in the state questions I wrote more than what was required. :frown:

Hopefully my courework will help me get an A :rolleyes:
Reply 74
answer to Q1(a) is 473
Reply 75
ik92
answer to Q1(a) is 473

100 % definate? Could you also explain how? :smile:
Reply 76
Rachely
100 % definate? Could you also explain how? :smile:

wel i don't want to say im 100% definate but thts wht i had put down and i think its the right answer, my working is shown below:

(leading number is 1 so it means that it is a negative binary value)

(therefore all 0's converted to 1's and the 1's to 0's to make it a positive binary value)

(1 is added on (as i was taught to do so but i don't know why:smile: )

therefore the positive integer value = 473

ps. i never realised there was a part (b) to tht question, such an easy 1 mark, ahwell:smile:
Reply 77
ik92

(therefore all 0's converted to 1's and the 1's to 0's to make it a positive binary value)

(1 is added on (as i was taught to do so but i don't know why:smile: )

therefore the positive integer value = 473

That is exactly what I thought in the exam. However when I came home and looked at my notes I noticed that we had only practised writing twos complement numbers as 8 bits. (the most significant bit(msb) is always one in this case).
Reply 78
ik92

See I thought about this but I wasn't entirely sure. Although they'd probably have put leading 0s if that 1 just meant a value over 512 :frown: aaaargh

Latest

Trending

Trending