The Student Room Group

I'm gonna be a geek now, but UMS?

For AS Maths

If i get 95% on Statistics 1, so like 71/75
100% on Core 1 obviously 75/75
and i get 80% on Core 2, so like 60/75
will i get an A?
i think i've really let myself down with core 2 :frown: !!!

anyone else think August is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for results?! is it the 13th by the way?

thanks for you help! any help would be nice
Reply 1
er yes

even 80% is an A, no?
Reply 2
If you can't even work out that maths, then perhaps not.
Reply 3
I know i sound dumb guys but the grade boundaries can vary :|
i hope they dont!
leanne33
For AS Maths

If i get 95% on Statistics 1, so like 71/75
100% on Core 1 obviously 75/75
and i get 80% on Core 2, so like 60/75
will i get an A?
i think i've really let myself down with core 2 :frown: !!!

anyone else think August is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for results?! is it the 13th by the way?

thanks for you help! any help would be nice

Depends on the exact scalings they decide to use for the exams but typically you'd be looking at something like 97-100 for S1 , 100 on C1 and about 76-84 on C2 ,with those estimates of marks you've given (in my experience I usually do worse than I think).

Check the exam reports from previous years for your exam board for exact information on how they map raw -> UMS.
Reply 5
GEEEK!!

Spoiler

Reply 6
80%= A
if grade boundaries vary ie go lower and you only need 75% for an A then youre good
especially seeing as you have(or do get) 100% and 95% already I imagine you dont even NEED an A in C2 to get an overall A.
Reply 7
leanne33
I know i sound dumb guys but the grade boundaries can vary :|
i hope they dont!

Boundaries for UMS don't change. You get 80% UMS, you get an A. If you've got 100% and 95% you'll almost definitely still get an A if you have 80% raw marks in the other paper, because its not going to be scaled down so much that you drop the marks from the other paper.
you will almost definately get an A with those results.
And results day is the 20th is it not?

Latest