The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
If anyone has had ANY offer flexibility it has NOTHING to do with you and is in no way an indicator of how likely it is that they will still accept you.

If anything I hear that applications are way up this year, so I personally doubt it.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Admissions told me that applications per place shot up by 21% this year so I doubt there will be much flexibility. however, I was accepted at all 3 programs I applied for at SSEES and I suspect many of the people who accepted their offers will find it difficult to find enough money so SSEES will probably issue more offers than they usually do. are you interested in a particular degree at SSEES?
paddy
If anyone has had ANY offer flexibility it has NOTHING to do with you and is in no way an indicator of how likely it is that they will still accept you.

If anything I hear that applications are way up this year, so I personally doubt it.

I'm not going to take it as a fact am I?

I was trying to find out whether it had actually occurred or not.

I'm trying to get people's experiences.
Tudorh
Admissions told me that applications per place shot up by 21% this year so I doubt there will be much flexibility. however, I was accepted at all 3 programs I applied for at SSEES and I suspect many of the people who accepted their offers will find it difficult to find enough money so SSEES will probably issue more offers than they usually do. are you interested in a particular degree at SSEES?

I've been accepted at two programs at SSEES (see signature).

Do you know of anyone who hadn't met their offer but was still accepted?

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 5
Jasper.Paterson
I'm not going to take it as a fact am I?

I was trying to find out whether it had actually occurred or not.

I'm trying to get people's experiences.

But one person's experiences last year or however long ago will have nothing to do with you. They are either going to give you possibly false hope or make you worried for possibly no reason.
paddy
But one person's experiences last year or however long ago will have nothing to do with you. They are either going to give you possibly false hope or make you worried for possibly no reason.

But I'd still know if it had occurred previously. If it has never happened then it's unlikely that it'd happen in my circumstances. Whereas if it has happened before, on numerous occasions, there is a possibility of it happening in my case. Surely you can understand this? On the balance of probabilities at least. I wouldn't take it as verbatim.

Latest

Trending

Trending