The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Manchester 599

Hi
Is anyone still waiting for all the checks to be complete and where are you based?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Still awaiting pre employment checks it's been about 4 week and still have not received an update yet I'll hopefully be based and the leigh office how about you and where are you upto ?
Hi Jody
I’m going to be based at Cheetham Hill.
Got an occupational health telephone appointment Thursday. Not heard anything about hours yet, but have been reading some contracts say 7:45 to 8PM. I’m hoping some flexibility to choose late finishes as I have a 9 year old. Do you know what days/ hours you will doing?
Reply 3
Original post by Happydayshelen
Hi Jody
I’m going to be based at Cheetham Hill.
Got an occupational health telephone appointment Thursday. Not heard anything about hours yet, but have been reading some contracts say 7:45 to 8PM. I’m hoping some flexibility to choose late finishes as I have a 9 year old. Do you know what days/ hours you will doing?

Hi I've had the occupational phone call etc and accepted provisional offer times have not been discussed yet as I'm still going through Pre Employment Checks I've believe they are just waiting for one check to be done and that was a previous civil service job I had not sure why its taking so long for that one to come through though this week will be going onto the 5th week
Original post by jodynoon
Hi I've had the occupational phone call etc and accepted provisional offer times have not been discussed yet as I'm still going through Pre Employment Checks I've believe they are just waiting for one check to be done and that was a previous civil service job I had not sure why its taking so long for that one to come through though this week will be going onto the 5th week

Yes I’ve accepted provisional offer. I think Occ Health is just left to do.
Offer was given 6 weeks ago. Good to know someone else starting under Manchester!
Reply 5
Yes I’ve accepted provisional offer. I think Occ Health is just left to do.
Offer was given 6 weeks ago. Good to know someone else starting under Manchester!

Yes hopefully just a long process and just eager to start I only had 2 jobs and period of unemployment for my pre employment checks when I last spoke to someone they just stated it was one last employment reference to come back. I hope it won't be to much longer I have read on here that some people's pre employment checks came back within 2 week
Original post by jodynoon
Yes hopefully just a long process and just eager to start I only had 2 jobs and period of unemployment for my pre employment checks when I last spoke to someone they just stated it was one last employment reference to come back. I hope it won't be to much longer I have read on here that some people's pre employment checks came back within 2 week

Me too. I’ve had to wait a while for Occ Health appointment. I suppose they will wanting a few of us to start at once to do the online training.
Reply 7
Me too. I’ve had to wait a while for Occ Health appointment. I suppose they will wanting a few of us to start at once to do the online training.

I'll keep you posted on where I'm upto when anymore developments happen
Reply 8
My partner is on the reserve list for this campaign and was contacted on Friday last week. They put Eccles & Bolton as their preferred locations on the application, but the email gave a list of different locations which may have vacancies so they've given more preferences from that list too. Fingers crossed to hear back soon!
Original post by HavakPkmn
My partner is on the reserve list for this campaign and was contacted on Friday last week. They put Eccles & Bolton as their preferred locations on the application, but the email gave a list of different locations which may have vacancies so they've given more preferences from that list too. Fingers crossed to hear back soon!

Lets hope so! They must need lots of people as they put the advert out twice.

I’ve been offered Cheetham Hill but the pre employment checks are taking ages.
Reply 10
Hi,
I’m new to this thread I was contacted last Friday too asking me to choose other locations - they are currently working through the reserve list ! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Shadzy
Hi,
I’m new to this thread I was contacted last Friday too asking me to choose other locations - they are currently working through the reserve list ! Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Hi there
Where did you choose?
Reply 12
My partner was offered a position on Monday at the first choice location from the list given on Friday. Just having to submit further ID now!

Hopefully it doesn't take too long.
(edited 3 months ago)
My partner was offered a position on Monday at the first choice location from the list given on Friday. Just having to submit further ID now!

Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Thats great! Where are they going? I’m Cheetham Hill
Reply 14
Thats great! Where are they going? I’m Cheetham Hill

Worsley, that's the Job Centre I worked at previously.
Worsley, that's the Job Centre I worked at previously.

What’s it like?
Reply 16
What’s it like?

Really good! Nice people, I loved it. The office was a bit old and tired, but I believe it is one of the better performing Job Centres in the country and was selected for an 'office of the future' upgrade. You'll probably be able to find something about that on the DWP intranet once you start. It will be closed for renovation from next week actually if I remember right!
Really good! Nice people, I loved it. The office was a bit old and tired, but I believe it is one of the better performing Job Centres in the country and was selected for an 'office of the future' upgrade. You'll probably be able to find something about that on the DWP intranet once you start. It will be closed for renovation from next week actually if I remember right!

Thank you - that’s great to know. Maybe that's why I don’t have a start date yet!
Reply 18
Thank you - that’s great to know. Maybe that's why I don’t have a start date yet!

I don't think that would effect your start date for a different office.

Were you required to provide any additional ID documents? And when did you accept the offer if you don't mind me asking?

It's difficult to determine how long the checks will take, I don't even know that. But I have heard it can take up to six weeks from reading other topics on here. My partner isn't giving their notice in just yet until things move along more, but they need to give four weeks notice in their current role. Hoping that when they send the start date it isn't under four weeks away!
I don't think that would effect your start date for a different office.

Were you required to provide any additional ID documents? And when did you accept the offer if you don't mind me asking?

It's difficult to determine how long the checks will take, I don't even know that. But I have heard it can take up to six weeks from reading other topics on here. My partner isn't giving their notice in just yet until things move along more, but they need to give four weeks notice in their current role. Hoping that when they send the start date it isn't under four weeks away!

I accepted the provisional on the 27th November but had to wait ages for Occ Health appointment which should have been last week but is now next week. All my ID and refs are completed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending