The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have to say, sometimes when I've been doing some of my alevel exams, and get placed in a small room where there's only one invigilator looking in the opposite direction - I always kinda think 'ohhhh, what a perfect opportunity for cheating, why didn't I bring any notes in!'

But yeah, aside from drawing possibly a graph on my arm I don't have the guts!
Reply 41
Qahir
In my physics GCSE i wrote all the formulas on the inside of my calculator behind that piece of paper.. helped a lot :yep:

Lol, u're cheater!!
I know people have been disqualified for being disruptive and sometimes people have talked during an exam. Heck it was awful it was so noisy and I couldn't concentrate.
Haha,
I'm sure I could have cheated if I wanted to, but I never ever would.
Someone in my year got caught on his physics GCSE, disqualified.

I've never even copied coursework. I want to look at my results and know they're mine.
You're screwed if you cheat, and consequently get into an amazing 6th form and you're the worst one there.
However, I want to do medicine, I need 4 As at A level to stand a realistic chance. If I had the opportunity to cheat then, would I?
No, but it would be VERY tempting.

Call me an idiot, but I believe in Karma. What comes around goes around...
No, I have never cheated, and never will. It's just too risky, and as long as you try your best, no one can criticize you for your results. Also it would be awful when everyone is congratulating you on your results, but you didn't get them honestly.
i dont think ive ever cheated but in my pe theory gcse there were two lads on either side of me whispering the answers loudly to each other. either the invigilators couldnt hear them which ids unlikely as the tables are well spaced and theywere two rows apart, or they chose to ignore. probably the latter; they got the answers right as well.
Haha how did they get away with whispering.
We have terrifying invigilators who annoyingly pace the aisles.
Pretty difficult to cheat, and they report EVERYTHING no matter how small to the exam board.
I'm pretty sure when you ask to go to the loo you could hide something in there though?
Ive never cheated, it isnt worth the risk. Any time spent finding a way to cheat is better spent revising. I dont think we will ever be as strict as china though. That is a bit too much.
Reply 48
I'm given a computer in an isolated room, and I've always been tempted to use a USB stick and just copy and paste. There is no one besides me in this room and the door is closed etc etc etc, they come in at the beginning and end only.

Haven't done it at all... but if I did do you think they'd have measures against it? They sometimes even have the internet on them so I doubt they care?
Reply 49
I remember a french foundation listening exam, foundation group was seperate to the rest of the year because of a different tape for the exam, they put us in with a sub teacher and everyone just turned around askign each other for the answers.
Reply 50
I've never cheated I can't believe so many people have :sad:
Reply 51
George5210
At my school the invigilator always says "Anyone caught with a phone without a battery in it will be disqualified from this exam; anyone caught with a phone with a battery in it, will be disqualified from all the exams on this exam board: You cannot appeal against this" Then everyone frantically checks for anything that may have one had electricity passed through it and hands it in.

Your not even allowed USB pens! :eek3:

I take your point fully. In my college, bottles of water have to be removed of labels, and I don't think you can take tissues into an exam.
joniboy98
I go to a private school in yorkshire.
Now you're thinking private
pffffffft posh nobs
well our school is saturated with chavs
(rich chavs are worst)
And the other day in a spanish exam, such a chav was caught cheating by the headmasters wife who was invigilating. He had a radio ear piece in his year, with people in the same year as me hooking him up with the answers.
Everyone from the exam in our school was disqualified (thank god I do german)
why the **** do people do these things?
I've read in china cheatings such a problem people have to pass through metal detectors, thermal cameras and have all coats and pencil cases placed through and x-ray machine and the army and burea of confidential official papers watching over all exams...
Have you ever cheated? tempted to cheat? seen someone cheating? Suffered from someone else cheating?
Is every exam gonna have to have extreme protection in the future like in china I don't get why people are so sad....

ive cheated in regular tests that mean nothing but never anything official. id feel guilty. i wish they had a system like they do in china here because i hate people cheating and i think a lot over here get away with it
Never have, I wouldnt do it anyway due to the guilty conscience. What grade I get, is the grade I deserve.
Reply 54
letsallpaintthetownred

I want to look at my results and know they're mine.

This^:woo:
Never have, never will.

I wouldn't feel good about myself.
Reply 56
^^

Agree with you
Reply 57
I haven't ever cheated in a real exam.
I always thought about how cool it would be to use an earpiece and that, like how you see on tv, but I wouldn't want to waste money buying it all and then finding a person to tell me the answers and then risk doing it.

I wouldn't risk cheating in a real exam and wouldn't want to because then I would feel so fidgety throughout the whole thing and would probably get worse than I would if I didn't cheat because wouldn't be as focused, just worried and anxious of getting caught.

I wish I could use a computer though because my handwriting is soo bad,
Reply 58
dimitar004
^^

Agree with you

I also agree with this :biggrin:
Reply 59
Marco1
Cheating might gain you a higher mark if not found out but you have to live with the fact that you have not had the character to act truely according to your merits. It is better to walk straight without a trace of deviousness or subterfuge, like an open book, unafraid, with nothing to hide. If you have the courage to do your best without cheating you have the inner satisfaction of knowing you acted with personal integrity. To have cheated means you are lying to all before you every time you mention your results. Cheating is like smoking; it's not clever and just poisons yourself. All we have is our integrity in this life. It is better to be true to yourself than to be a walking sham who claims to be something they are not.

This.
+Rep

Latest