The Student Room Group

Im pretty sure someone copied me in the maths exam...

In the GCSE Maths exam, the person next to me was literally copying all my answers
I didn't realise since I was too busy doing the paper... however my friends sitting behind me told me the person next to me repeatedly looked at my answers.
I'm not sure what to do. Should I let it slip or do something about it ?
thanks
Don't do anything, there's no point
Reply 2
Original post by ChAoTiC_M1Nd
In the GCSE Maths exam, the person next to me was literally copying all my answers
I didn't realise since I was too busy doing the paper... however my friends sitting behind me told me the person next to me repeatedly looked at my answers.
thanks

I would leave it. You're getting second-hand information that the person was looking at your answers so you'd definitely have to involve your friends in this and they may not be willing. The person next to you would just deny everything anyway or say that they were looking your way but not looking at your answers. And weren't you sitting far enough apart that it would have been hard to see what you were writing?

Also, examiners can pick up on evidence of cheating e.g. if a correct line of working randomly appears.
More power to him, him copying you doesnt affect you , so why you upset ?

I would always ask to go to the toilet and then on my way back, I would look at exam papers of all the clever people
Tell the exams officer, it's not right nor fair especially if you've worked for it.

Make sure your friends will back it up
Reply 5
Dont do anything. You don't really have full on evidence. I don't really understand how your friend could've concentrated on their exam and on the person next to you at the same time
Reply 6
i wouldn't say something yourself but ask your friends to, that person was breaking the rules and its their own doing, you might get into trouble for having similar/same answers
Reply 7
Just leave it, the only proof you have is your friends testimonies which may not be right. As already mentioned, the accused person will just deny it and the exam board honestly couldn't care less as it's just a waste of their time investing cheating in one measly paper when they have loads of work to do.
(edited 5 years ago)
Leave it.... at the end of the day you're still going to get the good grade.
For 1 it would be pointless to say anything as there is no credible evidence, and 2, you would really potentially mess up someone’s life just because your too self indulged and unsympathetic to others
Reply 10
dont be a snith. no one likes a snitch, ill get my boys on you if you snitch
Reply 11
Original post by jen_04
i wouldn't say something yourself but ask your friends to, that person was breaking the rules and its their own doing, you might get into trouble for having similar/same answers

No she/he won't, it's a GCSE exam. Their papers will be split and sent to different people for marking. It's really hard for them to know if you copied someone, especially in a maths exam. Maybe if it were an English creative writing exam where both original stories are exactly the same, then i guess they would be a bit suspicious about that but even then they probably wouldn't care
Original post by ChAoTiC_M1Nd
thanks

It's basically a slip of paper saying you did something good isn't it?
If he copied you, believe me, he still won't go far in life, even with a 9 or 5
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Notnek
I would leave it. You're getting second-hand information that the person was looking at your answers so you'd definitely have to involve your friends in this and they may not be willing. The person next to you would just deny everything anyway or say that they were looking your way but not looking at your answers. And weren't you sitting far enough apart that it would have been hard to see what you were writing?

Also, examiners can pick up on evidence of cheating e.g. if a correct line of working randomly appears.

Sorry to bother you, but what does happen if a correct line of working randomly appears?
Reply 14
Original post by Kangaroo17
It's basically a slip of paper saying you did something good isn't it?
If he copied you, believe me, he still won't go far in like, even with a 9 or 5

its not like they wont check for copying or stolen answers either, i forgot how strict they were, i have gcse eng next year and if someone copies me i wont let it slip
Well don't worry man. If the guy copied you he probably messed up his maths
Reply 16
Original post by RickHendricks
Sorry to bother you, but what does happen if a correct line of working randomly appears?

If the examiner thinks they have evidence that a student cheated (it won't just be a single question) then there will be a malpractice investigation and it will go from there. I don't know the ins and outs of the process. I'm sure that most cheats are never caught.
I have the same issue what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest