The Student Room Group

McDonalds Application concerns? (EDIT: and McDonalds Rejection Thread!)

Scroll to see replies

Est.1989
i already have a job, i would just another job
working in mcdonalds seems fun and doesnt involve much hardwork

have you ever been in a McDonalds during a rush???
u have your managers moaning at you for being too slow, even when its kitchens fought, then you have the constant almost falling over fries that people drop (including yourself). If that is the main reason for you to want to work there you might want to think again. Although everyone is generally nice and similar ages so it is better than other places, but it still doesn't mean that its an easy job
Longorefisher
Hello,
Well today I was rejected from McDonalds!!! :p: Apparantly having 8 months experience in a café and good GCSE predictions does not suffice!

Using that info I believe that I failed on the personality test. Do you think it's better to answer with VERY strong views - I strongly agree/disagree etc?

Also - although I haven't actually got my GCSEs yet is it worth saying that I do have a qualification in English and Maths at A*-C level or not?

Many thanks!

EDIT - This has now turned into the I've been rejected by Mcdonalds thread - alongside my questions :p: .

As yesterday, I still maintain this is an achievement :p:
LOL! its for the best :wink:
Reply 43
I didn't know it was possible to be rejected from mcdonalds :eek:
I have 7 Standard Grades (GCSEs or whatever you guys in England call em) all at Grade 1 and 2 (A&B) and 4 Highers at Grades, A,B,B,C. Plus 3 years experience in Customer Service (in Autoglass lol) and I got a job in McDs last week! So I doubt it is because you are over qualified! Maybe they just had way too many applicants? There are heaps of people needing jobs just now, even in McDs! It's good for me as it allows me to work around Uni and my little girl :biggrin:
Reply 45
I garuntee no-one will have even looked at your application. These online tests are all automated - a computer will mark them and then send out a response by E-mail. They will have thousands of candidates per week - too many to sift through 1 by 1. Only after interview will they start looking at the finer details. Trust us though, being rejected from McDonalds is probably for the best.
Longorefisher
Hello,
Well today I was rejected from McDonalds!!! :p: Apparantly having 8 months experience in a café and good GCSE predictions does not suffice!

Using that info I believe that I failed on the personality test. Do you think it's better to answer with VERY strong views - I strongly agree/disagree etc?

Also - although I haven't actually got my GCSEs yet is it worth saying that I do have a qualification in English and Maths at A*-C level or not?

Many thanks!

EDIT - This has now turned into the I've been rejected by Mcdonalds thread - alongside my questions :p: .

That sucks!I want to apply but when it asks for what type of work you would like would you say Part-Time or Temporary?(i'm looking for summer job)
Reply 47
Just but has anybody found it difficult to find a high street job after working in mcdonalds, not sure but maybe the employers wont employ after seeing u worked in macdonalds?!?!?!

Just wanted to ensure myself lol
Its not like uni, where the numbers are such that there is a set "standard".

McDonalds take on staff when they need them. If they don't need staff at that particular time, they aren't going to hire you. You also need to remember that they only need a limited number of students who can work very limited hours at difficult times: they are generally going to want people who are around more or are working full-time.

Its the same with any store: you haven't been "rejected", you just haven't been hired.

Talk of being "over-qualified" is ridiculous - they won't turn away someone because their GCSE grades are too high.
kyzuna
Just but has anybody found it difficult to find a high street job after working in mcdonalds, not sure but maybe the employers wont employ after seeing u worked in macdonalds?!?!?!

Just wanted to ensure myself lol

No, McDonalds is pretty well respected by employers as far as part-time jobs go.
Reply 50
I've been rejected twice, two separate occassions, of course.

And I've got pretty sweet grades, so It could be any reason.
Reply 51
I got an interview and didn't get the job because I was still in college :s-smilie:
Apparently they only take college dropouts then...
Heyy.. Im supposed to have an interview there in an hour! can anyone tell me what they make u do? aswell as what they ask you? it'd be a great help:smile:
Reply 53
mcdonalds gets 2000 applications a day, though they do employ alot of workers, they probably just choose those whose working hours are more suitable, because your in school youd probably be only availble at limited times
Lol most probably. Oh well - App forms are being taken to other shops now!
Reply 55
kinda hacked off with McDonalds at the moment and need to vent.
Basically I applied for a job there on Friday and missed a call from the manager on Saturday. I returned his call today and he told me to call back later to sort out an interview. When I did call back and ask for an interview he just laughed and said he would check his available times. He then said that they had loads of interviews booked already, which I find hard to believe because there is only one job going there at the moment, and that he may be able to fit me in on Friday, but could not give me a time. He then said he would call back and then hung up. I just feel I've been fobbed off and feeling a bit pissed about it. :mad:
zifix
kinda hacked off with McDonalds at the moment and need to vent.
Basically I applied for a job there on Friday and missed a call from the manager on Saturday. I returned his call today and he told me to call back later to sort out an interview. When I did call back and ask for an interview he just laughed and said he would check his available times. He then said that they had loads of interviews booked already, which I find hard to believe because there is only one job going there at the moment, and that he may be able to fit me in on Friday, but could not give me a time. He then said he would call back and then hung up. I just feel I've been fobbed off and feeling a bit pissed about it. :mad:

I would be saying to myself: Are these the sort of people i want to work for. I personnally won't bother, you can just tell how difficult they would be to work for.

I recently went to an interview and was told he was interviewing 10 other people (so 11 including me). I didn't get the job which i was kind of reliefed tbh, i didn't really fancy working in McDonalds anyway.
Reply 57
Monarchnord
I would be saying to myself: Are these the sort of people i want to work for. I personnally won't bother, you can just tell how difficult they would be to work for.

I recently went to an interview and was told he was interviewing 10 other people (so 11 including me). I didn't get the job which i was kind of reliefed tbh, i didn't really fancy working in McDonalds anyway.

Thanks for this. I've calmed down a bit now and just going to keep trying to get a job at Sainsbury's instead, as I did work experience there and loved it.
Reply 58
they rejected me too :talkhand:
I got rejected a few times and it is so fustrating. I also keep changng my application form and personality question responses and I get rejected within a few days. I really need a job and having applied to voer 30 jobs in different companies I am now feeling hopless

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending