The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Not making the conditional offer

I've been really excited about going to Brookes but I've just screwed up in Psychology, and Sociology wasnt really great.
I know I'm not going to make my predicted grades/offer.

I'll most likely get BC, when my offer was BB (I already have an A in General Studies & D in Politics)

How likely do you think Brookes are to still let me in on a Psychology course?
I don't want to take a 4th year of college, and I dont want to go to Brighton university (my insurance)

I'm really worried. I also heard that unis are being less lenient this year, and Brookes may not do clearing.
A I know I didn't make the grade should I call them up before results day? And should I play the 'Dyslexic card'?
apparently if you don't get your results, and they have spaces, you can get in just by phoning up and more or less saying 'please' and stressing your strengths in the area you want to study in. also you can use the excuse of hardships or something, talking about your dyslexia might not work though because really that shouldnt affect your results should it? (or am i wrong about that?)
i'd cross your fingers for a BB though too :smile:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Don't phone them up until you get your results. You'll look really bad if you phone up now begging to get in and you haven't even got your results.
Madisonx
I've been really excited about going to Brookes but I've just screwed up in Psychology, and Sociology wasnt really great.
I know I'm not going to make my predicted grades/offer.

I'll most likely get BC, when my offer was BB (I already have an A in General Studies & D in Politics)

How likely do you think Brookes are to still let me in on a Psychology course?
I don't want to take a 4th year of college, and I dont want to go to Brighton university (my insurance)

I'm really worried. I also heard that unis are being less lenient this year, and Brookes may not do clearing.
A I know I didn't make the grade should I call them up before results day? And should I play the 'Dyslexic card'?

Absolutely disgusting tactic IMO. No wonder so many people look down on those with dyslexia as if they're lying, lol.

Just wait until results day.
Reply 4
just forget about it for now. deal with it when the time comes. enjoy your self for now, cause there is nothing you can do. and you might as well go to brighton.
Reply 5
I think you should be ok, dont mention anything until you get the results though, if its not up to scratch, then start the pleading process lol.
Reply 6
If it helps your nerves, i missed my target by a grade too and Brookes still let me in :wink:

But keep optimistic anyway! Enjoy the summer until then!
Reply 7
inksplodge
Absolutely disgusting tactic IMO. No wonder so many people look down on those with dyslexia as if they're lying, lol.

Just wait until results day.

I wasn't lying, I AM dyslexic, maybe I could have phrased it better, and I didn't show myself in the best light; but you have no right to judge me in such a disparaging way. I've never heard of anyone thinking that dyslexics are liars, and if they believed so they would be utter bigots.

BTW I got my 2 B's, thanks for everyones advise, I didn't call them up and look like a fool ;]

Latest

Trending

Trending