The Student Room Group

Gap year applicants.

Hey when you guys applied to UCL, LSE, KCL and other Russel group unis, did they ask you to send a scan of your A level grades before or after they gave you an offer? BTW this is for gap year applicants
Every university will have their own processes.

If your grades are confirmed by UCAS then they might not ask for scans of your certificates at all. If they’re not then they might ask for them before making an offer or they might make it a condition of your offer to send proof of grades.
You might not get an offer even if they’ve asked for documentation if that’s your line of thinking. Often the admin side is distinct from the application being considered.
Original post by PQ
If they’re not then they might ask for them before making an offer or they might make it a condition of your offer to send proof of grades.

Why do unis do this? For example, one of my unis asked for proof of one GCSE grade as a condition (I’ve already gotten my grades), which feels a bit arbitrary. I thought that filling out the grade section of UCAS already dealt with this.
Original post by dkwhatdoaboutyou
Why do unis do this? For example, one of my unis asked for proof of one GCSE grade as a condition (I’ve already gotten my grades), which feels a bit arbitrary. I thought that filling out the grade section of UCAS already dealt with this.

What you fill out on UCAS is just what you say you have. It isn’t proof of those results.
Original post by PQ
What you fill out on UCAS is just what you say you have. It isn’t proof of those results.

Yes I understand that. But is it a bad thing if they ask for proof? Basically I’ve received a med offer as an achieved-A-levels applicant but I’ve been asked for proof of grade 9 in Eng Lang, which I’ve got, but Ik other gap year applicants didn’t get asked for this condition. I was just wondering why this was the case - like did they not believe I had it? Or was it for the sake of a condition?
Original post by dkwhatdoaboutyou
Yes I understand that. But is it a bad thing if they ask for proof? Basically I’ve received a med offer as an achieved-A-levels applicant but I’ve been asked for proof of grade 9 in Eng Lang, which I’ve got, but Ik other gap year applicants didn’t get asked for this condition. I was just wondering why this was the case - like did they not believe I had it? Or was it for the sake of a condition?

It's just admin to keep the application moving along. Sometimes the verification of previous grades is completely separate from the offer making and they like to get this all sorted in case they end up making you an offer. I would not read anything into it, it's neither good nor bad, just a box to be ticked.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Every university will have their own processes.

If your grades are confirmed by UCAS then they might not ask for scans of your certificates at all. If they’re not then they might ask for them before making an offer or they might make it a condition of your offer to send proof of grades.

How do I know if my grades are confirmed by UCAS?
Original post by emlkateeee
How do I know if my grades are confirmed by UCAS?

If the uni doesn't ask you to verify them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending