The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Fly planes fron one airport to another. Or just take off and crash into the sea or something. I dont think it gets any better than that.
Reply 2
Or you can fly a 777 upside down!
You can fly anywhere in the world! Plus mastering landings takes some skill. or alternatively you can get combat and go blow some germans

meowww, bom bom meowww.... rodger good clean kill...meowwww
Reply 4
Only on TSR!
Reply 5
Is it worth 18 quid?
Reply 6
Make that 25 quid
Reply 7
OMG OMG OMG Turbulence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MIGHT HAVE TO RESTART THE MISSIOn..... lol... can it get any better
Reply 8
I love flight simulators, theres just something about them that captures me. I just love trying to make a perfect landing.

OMG!!! IM A GEEK!!!
Reply 9
Shall I buy it?
Only if you want to end up like these guys!
Reply 11
i wouldnt buy it, its a complete waste of time unless your a plane fanatic. Your better off putting in a bank and investing it :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah, don't buy it. Download it!
Its good. Nearly made me want to become a pilot til I saw the training costs. Just get youself a copy and a joystick (I have the Sidewinder force feedback 2, its designed perfectly for it but you can find far more, er, "professional" models depending on how much of a geek you are)
Reply 14
I think that's the idea with MSFS - not a lot of people can afford to actually be pilots so they do it in a game - much like Grand Theft Auto - not many people wanna be criminals in real life so they shoot black people in a game.
Reply 15
That game SUCKED!
Dipsomaniac
Only if you want to end up like these guys!

Your just jeaulous... :wink:
I can understand flight simulators - what I don't really get is the current craze for train simulators. You have all the freedom of three dimensions in a plane... in a train, you move the throttle up and down and move along a track. What's with that?
I don't get much enjoyment from non-combat flight sims :frown: unfortunately my favourite combat flight sim - F-22 Total Air War - is not in shops anymore :mad:

But you can probably get it online for a fiver.
Reply 19
I could never understand those Flight Simulation games, not like I ever read the manual since I wasn't interested enough to. I have a friend who loves them and he has a keyboard designed for a particular combat flight game.

But why bother any of these games when you can just play Lylat Wars, it's more realistic (well Frogs and Foxes flying planes aren't actually realistic but... meh) and much more fun.

Latest