The Student Room Group

The Legend of Zelda Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Illusionary

I must be one of the few who actually enjoyed it :tongue: I tend to like water levels in games generally, though - Wet-Dry World in Mario 64 is another fond memory...

If the Water Temple were a person, I'd give it a good slapping around if I had the chance.

Even when I did OoT 3D recently, the Water Temple was still the most frustrating dungeon in OoT. It's always finding that one last small key :banghead:

Spoiler

Reply 1382
Started tonight setting out to only play for half an hour or so from:

Spoiler

Ended up finishing the game.

There are a few niggles with the game here and there, but on the whole, it's been one of my favourite Zelda games.

About the endgame:

Spoiler

Really enjoyed the game though, would probably put it as my favourite game this year; along with Pokémon White. As much as I play FPS games, the peak level of enjoyment doesn't compare to Nintendo games.
Reply 1383
Original post by whitepearlbaby
That's the one! The problem was that you could only get through to the other side if the water level was at its highest, and I THINK that's where the red coins were. Not sure though.

(My favourite water-related one was the one with Nessie)

Yeah all the red coins were in an Atlantis style cityon the other side of that tunnel. Can't believe I maxed that game; it's so darn good.

So what's the new Zelda game like guys, and where does it rate in the game's history?
Original post by Aust1n

Original post by Aust1n
So what's the new Zelda game like guys, and where does it rate in the game's history?

In terms of timescale, or quality? It pretty much comes first in the timeline AFAIK. Quality-wise, it's up there with the best. Everyone will have their own preferences on the exact order of them, but while it has a few minor issues these don't significantly detract from it. In particular, the dungeons are some of the best in the series IMO.

Original post by Tabris
Started tonight setting out to only play for half an hour or so from:

Spoiler

Ended up finishing the game.

There are a few niggles with the game here and there, but on the whole, it's been one of my favourite Zelda games.

Really enjoyed the game though, would probably put it as my favourite game this year; along with Pokémon White. As much as I play FPS games, the peak level of enjoyment doesn't compare to Nintendo games.

Hah - you've just overtaken me! Very much enjoying the final dungeon...

Spoiler

In terms of timescale, or quality? It pretty much comes first in the timeline AFAIK. Quality-wise, it's up there with the best. Everyone will have their own preferences on the exact order of them, but while it has a few minor issues these don't significantly detract from it. In particular, the dungeons are some of the best in the series IMO.

I've got to say though that the graphics are, IMO, a massive step down from Twilight Princess. Then again I was pissed about The Wind Waker looking so childish graphically, but a lot of people liked it.
Original post by Einheri

Original post by Einheri
I've got to say though that the graphics are, IMO, a massive step down from Twilight Princess. Then again I was pissed about The Wind Waker looking so childish graphically, but a lot of people liked it.

Really? I thought the art style is excellent and really fits the game well.
Really? I thought the art style is excellent and really fits the game well.

I really liked the graphics on TP and OoT (although the latter is dated now), and played through both a few times - tWW I struggled through once and just couldn't get into the art style; SS looks like the art style would annoy me too (I don't have SS, but have watched a lot of youtube videos) though not as badly as tWW.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Einheri

Original post by Einheri
I really liked the graphics on TP and OoT (although the latter is dated now), and played through both a few times - tWW I struggled through once and just couldn't get into the art style; SS looks like the art style would annoy me too (I don't have SS, but have watched a lot of youtube videos) though not as badly as tWW.

Each to their own, I suppose! :tongue:
Original post by Aust1n
Yeah all the red coins were in an Atlantis style cityon the other side of that tunnel. Can't believe I maxed that game; it's so darn good.

It's quickly becoming my favourite of them all.
Reply 1390
Original post by Einheri

That you automatically equate the graphics to "childish" in WW and as a step-backward in SS says a lot about your priorities, not ncessarily bad, though.

Personally, I love the graphics in SS, but I've never felt that graphics have to be realistic to be good.

Original post by whitepearlbaby
It's quickly becoming my favourite of them all.

It's definitely fight with MM for that spot with me.

Hah - you've just overtaken me! Very much enjoying the final dungeon...

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1391
Original post by Hylean

Original post by Hylean

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1392
Original post by Tabris

Spoiler

This is a convo bout one of the later dungeons, near the end. Don't read the spoilers unless you want a big thing ruined.

Spoiler

Time to go and vote on Q2 for game of the year :yes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857451

Zelda's in there! :biggrin:

Spoiler

I've not had much time this evening yet, not much more left... :sad:
Friday, going to try and complete temples 3 and 4. After Christmas, going to finally invest in a Nintendo 3DS and OoT
Time to go and vote on Q2 for game of the year :yes: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1857451

Done! I'm glad pokemon won the Q1 and hoping OoT wins Q2 :smile:

Even though I havn't played it on the 3DS, OoT got my vote :biggrin:
You guys are doing us proud - I had this one down as Portal 2 for an easy win :tongue: OoT has at least a fighting chance, by the looks of it :biggrin:
Reply 1399
This is... HYRUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!

Quick Reply

Latest