The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

belis
I am taking module 2 next weak and I am realy worried. :eek: Anybody has useful tips for essey writing?

Hi, i'm also retaking it :smile:

I don't know, make sure the answers relates to the question would probably be the most important one! Try linking sentances up using words such as Trotzdem, Jedoch etc. You can also start sentances using stuff like In dieser Hinsicht (in this respect) or In meisten Fällen (in most cases) or Man kommst zu dem Entschluß (one comes to the conclusion) etc etc :smile:

What questions do you plan on answering?
Reply 2
I am not retaking, it is my first attempt. (I took AS German in year 13 as I only started to learn it in year 12). Anyway, I am planing to write about Die Medien (I hope for question about Iternet) and Die Umwelt or maybe about Immigration and Multiculturalism. I will definitely stay away from Germany nad Europe (I have done AS in European Studies so I should know that stuff but it seems to be quire difficult to present in my crap German). What did you get in that module last year if you do not mind me asking. Any mistakes that I should avoid?
Reply 3
im taking this exam too. im def gunna do immigration but im not sure about whether to do europe or enviroment coz its a resit and i cant remember v much about environment but i hate europe lol
viel gluck!!! :smile:
Reply 4
ruth_lou
im taking this exam too. im def gunna do immigration but im not sure about whether to do europe or enviroment coz its a resit and i cant remember v much about environment but i hate europe lol
viel gluck!!! :smile:

I'm doing this exam too - how many questions do you get a choice out of and are there any compulsory ones?

Also, does anyone know where I can look at sample of A-grade answers, just to know what kind of standard the examiners are looking for. Or if anyone has any of their own that they want to PM to me so I can see...feel free! :biggrin:
Reply 5
You have choice of questions, one of each of folowing topics:
media, environment, emmigration, EU, german speaking world

You have to answer 2 questions, there are no compulsory ones
Reply 6
By the way, so many people ratake that module. I am scared...
Reply 7
well ive took this exam twice and got a D so this is my third an final time apparently the examiners are REALLY harsh i mean i was predicted at least a B argh
Reply 8
I regret I have ever asked. No hope ...
Reply 9
theres always hope :rolleyes:
Reply 10
i'm retaking Unit 2 and we'v only studied the first three topics in the pre-release - so i'm ok on that!!
just remember to get some different facts for the topics and to use fancy phrases such as 'diese Frage ist heute ein oft eroertetes Thema' - these will help make your essay sound more german - have you got it on tuesday????
Reply 11
im really worried they are gunna be awful questions :eek:
Reply 12
Has anyone else got a list of good "essay phrases" to use, please?
We have to do Ausländer in Deutschland and die Massenmedien. I'm not too worried about unit 2 even though it's in less than like 6days...

we just got told make sure you use a relative clause, loadsa passives and loadsa different tenses...

does anyone else know which questions they're going to answer?!
Reply 14
i'm doing that exam too. my class have only prepared for immigration and the environment. my teacher is guessing we'll get asked on something to do with transport in the environment?! :rolleyes:
i hope it's on integration or problems Auslander have in germany
and i know some transport, some household energy saving stuff and about the treibhauseffect, i could probably cope with some other stuff for this

and if those questions don't come up- yep well i'll be retaking in january!

(ahhhhh)
Reply 15
This is a very hard exam for AS. I'm resitting it again - but i'm not sure how scrupulous they mark each thing and how they reward your structure etc. I will be doing Die Umwelt und Einwanderung. Fingers crossed! - Anybody who got an A or B in this module and would like to offer any tips!?
Reply 16
we just got told make sure you use a relative clause, loadsa passives and loadsa different tenses...

There are only 12 out of 90 marks to be gained for knowledge of grammar so I do not think using variaty of tences and fancy structures is going to help much...
Reply 17
So the credentials are (if the same as of June 2004):-

45/90 Knowledge of Society - Evidence from varied material sources

30/90 Response to written Language - Analytical Skills

15/90 Grammer - Complex structure "GOOD"

So opinions and knowledge related to varied evidence. Quite hard to do within each essay in 250 words or so!
Reply 18
Eeeek looks like I'm pretty screwed with this one then seeing as I haven't ever written a German essay before! :eek:

I'll probably revise Environment and Mass Media or Immigration. Ooh if nuclear energy come up as a question, that would be pretty good because I could just go on about the whole rot-gruene Koalition, the Ausstieg der Atomenergie and Risiko thing for a bit ... but there's nothing in the pre-release about that so it's just wishful thinking methinks :frown:
Reply 19
What is that rot-gruene Koalition?

Latest

Trending

Trending