The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As far as I know BPP and Coll Law are the best, but City is allegedly very good for the BVC too.
Yeah, I'd put BPP at the top, followed some way after by CoL.
Reply 3
I hear that the BVC year is something to be endured rather than enjoyed so I don't think it really matters to be honest.

If it helps at all, I was left with the following impressions when I considered bar school in London, but be warned they are only my opinions:

ICSL at City: Quite prestigious in a residual sort of way since years ago ICSL (now absorbed into City) was the only place you could actually take the BVC, hence lots and lots of old school barristers in established sets of chambers went there. On the other hand, I hear that the student:staff ratio is very poor.

BPP: City law powerhouse, so head there if you are aiming at top commerical/company law chambers.

College of Law: Their emphasis on the street law programme and pro bono left me with the impression that they are slightly left-leaning. Plus there was a pub next door with a black cat. For some reason this swayed it for me, and I picked college of law before ultimately deciding not to go through with the BVC for the time being.
The power of BVC/LPC providers is changing. The BPP have lost all of their major city contracts for the 05/06 academic year. all of these contracts have now gone to the College of Law (london) changing the balance completely. Bye, bye BPP - the love of my life.

-Chris

Latest

Trending

Trending