The Student Room Group

UKCAT and UCAS

Hey guys,

I need a few doubts cleared.
I am not sure whether this is the right section so feel free to move it.

I am going to take the UKCAT soon, and in the website it mention that the results will be sent to Universities that I apply to.

I am taking the UKCAT under the name that is on my passport, but in my UCAS, my name is different, this is because I've taken my GCSE and A/levels under a different name.
When I say a different name, its not different like 'Bob' and 'john'...Its just the that the name is in different order.
i.e. : Robert Jackson Smith as opposed to Jackson Robert Smith
Will it cause too much trouble?
Will my UKCAT results still be sent of properly?
How are they sent of? I mean, how does the UKCAT know what is my UCAS account?

thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
New Username
Hey guys,

I need a few doubts cleared.
I am not sure whether this is the right section so feel free to move it.

I am going to take the UKCAT soon, and in the website it mention that the results will be sent to Universities that I apply to.

I am taking the UKCAT under the name that is on my passport, but in my UCAS, my name is different, this is because I've taken my GCSE and A/levels under a different name.
When I say a different name, its not different like 'Bob' and 'john'...Its just the that the name is in different order.
i.e. : Robert Jackson Smith as opposed to Jackson Robert Smith
Will it cause too much trouble?
Will my UKCAT results still be sent of properly?
How are they sent of? I mean, how does the UKCAT know what is my UCAS account?

thanks in advance :smile:
You had better contact UCAS for advice here. You may be required to produce your passport or similar at enrolment for whichever uni you finish up at so you might as well resolve this inconsistency now.
Reply 2
Definitely check this out now as you need to produce your passport or other ID to take the UKCAT and also at the university interview as they take copies of your ID to get the CRB checks underway - they also often ask for copies of any certificates already obtained (GCSE, AS if you have them etc). It will cause some confusion if there is a mismatch of name between your UCAS application and your official ID.

Latest

Trending

Trending