The Student Room Group

Where Do I Go ?

I am considering UK universities , but i have no idea which 1 is good for an undergraduate in Mechanical engineering .

I am an International student.

I am an Indian currently studying in an Indian ( CBSE curriculum School) School .

My Stats :-

Grade 9 - 76.5 %

Grade 10 [ CBSE Board Exam ] - 78 %

Grade 11 [ I know this is too low , but I just screwed up] - 59 %

Grade 12 - I am in grade 12 now

SAT 1 - 2030
Maths - 700
CR - 700
CW - 630

E.C.'s - School teams - Soccer [2 Years]
2) All other are average and some are just participation certificates

Where should i be applying ?
I'm not sure many people here will be able to make much of those numbers. [at least... I can't]
Reply 2
Sharjeel92
I am considering UK universities , but i have no idea which 1 is good for an undergraduate in Mechanical engineering .

I am an International student.

I am an Indian currently studying in an Indian ( CBSE curriculum School) School .

My Stats :-

?

Well, im afraid i cant help you with what those figures will mean, so my best advice would be to discuss these results with individual admissions tutors.
Good for Mechanical? Well, youve got a few:

Imperial College London
Southampton
Bristol
Manchester
Bath
Loughborough
Liverpool
Nottingham
Newcastle
Sheffield

I may have missed some out, but these places are well known as centres of engineering, so their mechanical departments should be quite good.

Hope this helps,
Rich
Reply 3
First of all 59% is ridiculous for high school SAT 1 is good, 700 on maths is not really brilliant. You will need physics SAT, too, so make sure you take it. Make sure you get at least 700 there,too. I dont think with these 59% 11 grade you have much of chance in good unis. Try something of the swansea/liverpool/brunl/glasgow/surrey range. That is unless you get something like 92-93%+ in year 12. With 70% average you are not really brilliant candidate (that is equivalent to a C in the UK). Those unis are not really renownd for thei mech eng but are good overall and you stand some chance of being accepted with these grades. IF you want to go to some better place you will have to do foudnation year (which is costly option) and you will have to do very well in it in order to progress to degree level. hope taht helps

Latest