:moon:

/spam.

soz :awesome:

Oh noes, I spammed my own thread. :woo:
crazyferret
*negs* :p:

Lol. We'll see about that.

*Readies neg. rep.
Pre-fresh chill out a few years ago I did the UKcat my score was abysmal I still got into a great medical school so just keep your spirits up.
Reply 63
maze.e
Pre-fresh chill out a few years ago I did the UKcat my score was abysmal I still got into a great medical school so just keep your spirits up.

What school and what score.
Baki
What school and what score.

I got 552 or something although I didn't get an offer from my UKcat medical school I got put on the reserve list for Brighton and Sussex and got an offer from UCL. 552 would not even make the cut off for most UKcat medical schools within this cycle but there is always hope.
Baki
2) UKCAT Unis:

Now, with this one, you have to search for uni's that don't put an emphasis on the UKCAT.

Keele (Need 4 A's in GCSE)

Aberdeen (8% weighting)

St. Andrews

St. Georges (Interview stage is tough, loads of competition)

Dundee

Southampton (SOTON)

UEA

Some other ones. Hopefully the others will fill me in.

Add Leicester to the list. A subset score in the 500's scores 3/5 in their UKCAT criteria when they shortlist applicants for an interview. Scoring an overall of 16/20 in the UKCAT, personal statement, reference and academia categories will get you an interview.

Hull York might be another one to add to this list too.

Baki
Unis to Avoid:

Kings (Unless you have 10A*)

Brighton and Sussex Medical School

Barts and London

Sheffield.

Some other ones.

Manchester were one of the first medical schools to send out rejections last October. Like Newcastle, they do rank UKCAT scores so it's a dodgy one to apply to with an average or less than average UKCAT score.
I'll be posting vociferously on this forum, once i've done my UKCAT!! I really don't think i'm going to do that welll. I'm having huge problems with verbal reasoning!! Anyone else particulary struggling on this section? Or is it just me?
OP, Lancaster do not use the UKCAT either.
Reply 68
Hey! Did anyone revise for the UKCAT?
hawflo
Hey! Did anyone revise for the UKCAT?

Just closed my eyes, hoped for the best and randomly prodded the screen :h:
Reply 70
on the first post it mentioned Kings being a Uni to avoid unless you have 10 A*'s.

What does that exactly mean? Do they not look at UKcat if u have more or equal to 10 A*'s???
Jules65
on the first post it mentioned Kings being a Uni to avoid unless you have 10 A*'s.

What does that exactly mean? Do they not look at UKcat if u have more or equal to 10 A*'s???

we suspect that they use a balance between the no. of A*s at gcse and the ukcat score. so you can get an interview with fewer A*s and a high ukcat and vice versa.
Reply 72
o right thanks for tht.

Where did u hear tht from?
Jules65
o right thanks for tht.

Where did u hear tht from?

They said at the open day, and its in their admissions policy, but they don't specify numerical just qualitatively.
Reply 74
Jules65

No. If you read the OP properly, avoid Kings if you have a bad UKCAT and less than 10A*'s in GCSE.

Bad UKCAT being 500 - 599 Average. Which I bolded.
Reply 75
I'm going to the KCL Medical School open day soon, is anyone else going too?
Reply 76
hawflo
I'm going to the KCL Medical School open day soon, is anyone else going too?

No places for me.

:frown:

EDIT: Can you bring a friend along. Would love to crash the open day. :rofl:
Reply 77
Baki
No places for me.

:frown:

EDIT: Can you bring a friend along. Would love to crash the open day. :rofl:

The email said that one parent/guardian can accompany me :biggrin:
Reply 78
hawflo
The email said that one parent/guardian can accompany me :biggrin:

So anyone willing to pretend I'm a parent/guaridan and sneak me in. :rofl:
Baki

Remember to state less than 500 = Don't apply. unless you have All A*s at GCSE, 4As at AS and Predicted 4A*s at A2

Latest

Trending

Trending