The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My crazy french teacher always dances around to the listening tapes. I know i'm just gonna crack up if she does anything like that in the listening exam. A phone rang in the english lit exam today n everyone couldn't stop laughing...wasn't that funny but i guess it is when you've been sitting in silence for an hour or two.
want to see what games the invigilators are playing on us
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/3742915.stm
Lol, I always laugh, when this old guy invigilator always says, "you are supposed to have pencil cases of the transparent variety". Piss funny, why can't he just say "you are supposed to have transparent pencil cases", why "variety". :biggrin:
i always want to laugh.. i hate silence... ooo and it makes me laugh when the teachers start gossippin!!!
Reply 44
Gregorian IV
I deteste the fact that some people do actually talk in the exams? WTF is that about? Mind you, my school is very slack

I dont think its particularly slack - they do a prety good job considering the number of people doing the exam.
Reply 45
our teachers are boring lol, but my french teacher dropped over my mates pencil case today in eng lit, it was so funny, he didnt fall but just slipped. lol
Reply 46
my uncle whos is a teacher once told us about a game they'd play when invigilating where one of them would say something like 'who has the worst hair cut?' and then another invigilator would go and stand behind that person...and such other fun and games...
Reply 47
I hate it when teachers pace around the hall. Alas, today I noticed at the end that one of the invigilators was wearing jeans which had buckles sewn horizontally across the crotch and that provided me with some mild amusement.

I had a giggling fit in my English language mock. In my defence, I had to write about Bill Bryson. While I enjoyed myself, I wrote horribly about his work because I was distracted and not focussed.
Reply 48
I started laughing and so did person next to me in french listening, this french guy started speaking and he sounded stoned, funny
Reply 49
In our school, I was talking to one of the teachers and they do things like see how can get to somebody who wants to ask them a question the quickest or standing by the ugliest person (yes they really said that!)
Reply 50
Lol teacher games, that's so funny. I'm gonna have to be an invigilator just to do that. But picking the ugliest person and the redheads, that's pretty cruel!

I bet we all laugh even more during our next exam now we have become more alert at the hilarious sound of rustling papers and the bizarre teachers.
Reply 51
Do you not get 'outside' invigilators? At my school we get invigilators who don't teach in the school, maybe its something to do with exam boards, ours are mainly CCEA.
Reply 52
We got some outside ones but also some teachers yesterday.
Reply 53
Aw we don't get any. Boooooring. I guess we have enough teachers to watch us. We do AQA and one OCR.
Reply 54
Heh. Forget to mention was classically funny in my PE exam yesterday. This invigilator had been peering over my shoulder for quite some time, when she said in this hugely serious manner: "Errrrrrrrrm, can I take a look in your glasses case please?" Which, personally, I thought was funny enough! But then, much to my extreme amusement, she couldn't open it! For like 5 minutes she stood there trying with all her might, whilst I carried on with the paper. Until she said; "Excuse me...could you just, er...". LOL. :biggrin: So I had to open it for her, she took out the little cloth, and then her eyes lit up when she saw some kind of cardboard insert in there. She thought I'd written on the back. (I hadn't). I was sorry to disapoint her.

In our English Lit exam, it was really embarrassing. :frown: All of our class had annotated all the copies of the book we'd been given like mad! So of course she told us not to take them to the exam, because we'd be given a clean copy there. But they hadn't anticipated this at all. There were about 10 clean copies. So we had to wait for like 20 minutes whilst they ran and found some books for us all. :O
Reply 55
zhivago
Heh. Forget to mention was classically funny in my PE exam yesterday. This invigilator had been peering over my shoulder for quite some time, when she said in this hugely serious manner: "Errrrrrrrrm, can I take a look in your glasses case please?" Which, personally, I thought was funny enough! But then, much to my extreme amusement, she couldn't open it! For like 5 minutes she stood there trying with all her might, whilst I carried on with the paper. Until she said; "Excuse me...could you just, er...". LOL. :biggrin: So I had to open it for her, she took out the little cloth, and then her eyes lit up when she saw some kind of cardboard insert in there. She thought I'd written on the back. (I hadn't). I was sorry to disapoint her.

In our English Lit exam, it was really embarrassing. :frown: All of our class had annotated all the copies of the book we'd been given like mad! So of course she told us not to take them to the exam, because we'd be given a clean copy there. But they hadn't anticipated this at all. There were about 10 clean copies. So we had to wait for like 20 minutes whilst they ran and found some books for us all. :O

Lol sounds like fun! Dont you just love stupid teachers..
Reply 56
Lol! Some funny stuff!
In the mocks, the boys were changing places with each other during the exam, and throwing bits of rubber at each other, plus the occasional cough and farts. Wouldn't it be funny if everybody takes in turn to put their hands up during an exam for no reason at all, making the invigilator run around the room. I wonder how long they notice that something is going on?
Reply 57
Lol, such a fascination with the glasses case! I suppose you could cheat but realistically they'd notice if you kept going into your glasses case!
xxjayx
lol, I dont laugh but I think its gay when the teachers start pacing up and down! and most of them put on really serious faces, like its only a GCSE ffs"

Yeah, that is so true.
It was annoying in my English Lit exam yesterday when one of the invigilators (An English teacher) was walking down the hall, and started looking at my exam paper, and probably reading what i was writing, probably laughing to himself at how crap it was.
Reply 59
Lol oo I cant wait for my exam tomorrow. I'm gonna laugh more than usual now!

jody89
Wouldn't it be funny if everybody takes in turn to put their hands up during an exam for no reason at all, making the invigilator run around the room. I wonder how long they notice that something is going on?

I'd love to try that! lol!

Latest