The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Taking your car to Southampton

Hi,

I live reasonably far away (2.5 hours) from Soton and was wondering how difficult it would be to take my car during the 1st year?
My motive behind this is that my parents for one reason or another won't be able to pick me up and take me back up. I imagine that taking all your stuff up on the train would be a nightmare!
Won't use it for anything but going back and forth to home and maybe the once or twice big shop.

Thanks
Reply 1
No way in 1st year. You aren't allowed cars in halls apart from 1st and last week of each term.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Sophdoph
No way in 1st year. You aren't allowed cars in halls apart from 1st and last week of each term.

Thanks. I know someone who will be in their third year, i don't think they will have any issues letting me park it outside of their house. Surely the uni can't have a prob with that?!
Reply 3
kool, they will be able to show u around then if they are in their 3rd year.

i'll stick with u then :biggrin:
Reply 4
Sam_B
kool, they will be able to show u around then if they are in their 3rd year.

i'll stick with u then :biggrin:

I know the way round! :frown:
Reply 5
Sarky
I know the way round! :frown:

:wavey:

and u :wink:
Reply 6
Sam_B
:wavey:

and u :wink:

Yay :smile:
Reply 7
i know my way around... ish. ive been there 3 times!
Is there ABSOLUTLY no way? I live an hour a way and that is why i am going there so i can come back and forth as much i like.... :frown:....
Do you think i could buy a permit or something.

charlotte
Reply 9
absolutely no way i think unfortunately! unless u have A VERY GOOD REASON! x
Reply 10
No you can't get a permit as a 1st year unless you need it because you have a disability or other special circumstances which mean you HAVE to have a car. It's character building to live without one and the public transport is fine :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending