The Student Room Group

MSc Marketing - which university?

Hi, all

I got offers for Msc marketing from these universities.
And I am really confused which one to choose. I already have a master's degree in my own country and have more than 6 years of work experiences.

Some people say Bath is the best from the ranking, but I've also heard that it is a relatively small university and people don't think it's a good university internationally. Other people say Reading, Henley management school has high reputation in Europe. At the same time, Strathclyde is also famous for its marketing courses.

Leeds - advertisement and marketing
Newcastle - international marketing
Bath - marketing
Birmingham - marketing communications
Queen Mary - international marketing
Reading - marketing and international management
Strathclyde - international marketing

Which one would be the best?
Reply 1
janee
Hi, all

I got offers for Msc marketing from these universities.
And I am really confused which one to choose. I already have a master's degree in my own country and have more than 6 years of work experiences.

Some people say Bath is the best from the ranking, but I've also heard that it is a relatively small university and people don't think it's a good university internationally. Other people say Reading, Henley management school has high reputation in Europe. At the same time, Strathclyde is also famous for its marketing courses.

Leeds - advertisement and marketing
Newcastle - international marketing
Bath - marketing
Birmingham - marketing communications
Queen Mary - international marketing
Reading - marketing and international management
Strathclyde - international marketing

Which one would be the best?

As far as I know:
Leeds - you are over qualified for the course (they don't accept students with marketing background and you have plenty of experience)
Bath - I heard it is very good (for marketing, as overall university I don't know)
Birmingham - the course is appealing but it isn't renowned for mrk; it is the only one with the business school is Financial times' rankings.
Queen Mary - from my knowledge this is a university good at some other subjects
Reading - can't be compared with the others (less competitive)
Strathclyde - As I said about Bath , is renowned for it's marketing course.

If I were you I would choose between Bath and Birmingham. It depends if you want a good course or a good university. Birmingham is better known that Bath.
I have also applied for masters in marketing this year and finally I am going for Lancaster -Advanced Marketing Management.
Good luck!
Regards,
Simona
Reply 2
Just out of interest, why did you pick another MSc over an MBA?
Reply 3
Hey!
Sorry for spamming your thread, Janee. But I am in a similar dilemma.
I have a Bachelor degree in Business Management (BBM, Cum Laude) with a double major in Marketing and Corporate Communications. I want to now specialize further in Marketing with my Masters degree. I have the following offers and would like suggestions / advice and info. on what would be the best choice, based on
- Job prospects
- Business School ranking and reputation; not only in the UK, but even in the EU and outside Europe
- Overall student experience

1. University of Glasgow - MSc Strategic Marketing
2. University of St. Andrews - MLitt Marketing
3. University of Strathclyde - MSc International Marketing

I know that the University of Glasgow and the University of St. Andrews are very well ranked and well known as universities, but how good are the respective Business Schools and would it be prestigious to do a Marketing degree from these? On the other hand, I know that Strathclyde is known for its business degrees, but do people outside UK know the name of this university?

The location / night life / etc. of any place don't matter as much to me as the recognition and quality of the university and its education.

Has anyone studied Marketing at any of these universities before? Any comments?
Which one should I pick and why?

Latest

Trending

Trending