The Student Room Group

EdExcel AS English Lang Thoughts?

Phew. Last of the AS English Lang exams was this morning. I felt I got better throughout the 3 papers. I did a terrible (so I think) Textual Commentary paper but I was never comfortable with that side of things as I could never remember all of the technical terms.

The Anti-Bullying Desk Study was a nice one to do although I thought the question was a bit weak as you had to re-write the material for, effectively, the same audience (11-14 year olds) so it was nigh impossible to NOT quote directly from the source materials. Oh well, we shall see with that one.

I had to do the alternative 3b module as I'm a private candidate and could not do the coursework/oral option. It focused on Language of the Media and I had to comment on the language used by two tabloids on the subject of asylum seekers. Seeing as the picked the Daily Express and the Daily Mail I had to restrain myself from going on a rant about the hypocrisy of both newspapers. Still, that was my best paper so far as I found that section of the subject the most interesting (if I didn't trust what I read in papers before, I now view them with utter contempt. I had no idea QUITE how much public opinion is subtly manipulated by the press).

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Latest