The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

Scroll to see replies

http://www.datpiff.com/Meek-Mill-Dreamchasers-2-mixtape.339288.html

This mixtape always gets me in the mood if I ever lack motivation. I don't listen to it when I'm working out, it's pre.

If you ain't got a dream, you ain't got nothing.
I only run really, but recently I've been feeling a lot of Static-X, that industrial heavy vibe gets me going and motivated, always excellent.

My gym playlist has all sorts! I've got like Avicii, Rizzle Kicks, Afrojack, Blink 182, Skrillex, Labrinth, Tinie Tempah, Nero and obviously Run-DMC - It's Like That :tongue:

But anything housey, DnB or dancey goes on there :smile:
If you haven't got this, you're crazy. :tongue:

[video="youtube;DJ6CcEOmlYU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ6CcEOmlYU[/video]
Always helps me smash through my cardio, and always ups my pace :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCc_jLctZkA

Don't even listen to this band but for some reason the build up in this song helped me smash some leg presses. I find their cover of this to be much better than any of their other songs.
(edited 11 years ago)
i like electronic and angry music while workout :angry:
I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I actually bought the Rocky songs to listen too at the gym as they really motivate me. One of my favourite other songs I like to listen too is Freestyler, when that song comes on I always seem to get an extra boost of energy from nowhere. Do other people find listening to songs on the treadmill throws them out of sync? I listen to music everywhere in gym apart from when I am running on the treadmill.
Original post by cturner883
I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I actually bought the Rocky songs to listen too at the gym as they really motivate me. One of my favourite other songs I like to listen too is Freestyler, when that song comes on I always seem to get an extra boost of energy from nowhere. Do other people find listening to songs on the treadmill throws them out of sync? I listen to music everywhere in gym apart from when I am running on the treadmill.

Sometimes I feel like I have to be running in sync with the music, so yeah I know what you mean :tongue:
Reply 950
I just listen to the music I would listen to at home. I usually put on some metal-ish song (AINA, Ayeron, etc.) during the warm up. After that I just put on whatever I feel like putting on; as long as I enjoy the music, I don't need a constant beat to keep me going.
Reply 951
I've been listening to podcasts but sometimes it's a fight because they blast the radio so loud.
I listen to Deadmouse on Pandora and Wu Tang Clan on Pandora. It's Soo amazing!.
Original post by mrs_matt_tuck
bullet for my valentine
trivium
atreyu
lamb of god
bring me the horizon
metallica
bleeding through
all that remains
avenged sevenfold
eighteen visions
mastdon
pantera
Papa roach
roadrunner united
slipknot
still remains
slayer
opeth
megadeath
drowning pool
as i lay dying.

Your Workout music collection are good.
Reply 954
So I have an old ipod and just use it with itunes obv and have just labelled by workouts as follows: workout A, workout B, workout C and so on with just a few songs on each. Had to use alphabet as I couldn't put them as one, two etc and itunes automatically re-sorted them due to the alphabet order. I was curious, how do you arrange your music for workouts? Do you just use one big playlist or whatever or just choose artists?
HIIT:
One playlist on my phone. I choose whatever songs I like atm and put enough to fill my 30min workout.
My workout is: 5min warm up-20min HIIT-5min cool down so I choose the faster, more motivatings songs for the HIIT part.

Steady state:
Again, my favourite songs atm filling about 90min on my ipod and I put it on shuffle. (MY steady state workouts are meant to be 60min but I take so many breaks so it ends up being about 90min. :wink:)
Reply 956
Original post by *Sparkle*
So I know most gyms play music to keep you going, but a lot of people just ignore it and use an mp3 with a set playlist.

What's on yours?

Pretty much any EDM
Reply 957

Recently been putting grind, sludge and hardcore in my workout playlist. It does wonders for motivation.
But I've found the more you work out, the less you rely on external motivation.
My playlist:

Still working on it, need to tweak it in parts..
Anything by david guetta usually helps me have a good workout! What about you? x

Quick Reply

Latest