haha true ... i am swayed towards barts anyhow :biggrin:

I'm persuading him :wink:
edit: that sounds so dodgy :o:
Reply 1501
sophyy
I'm persuading him :wink:
edit: that sounds so dodgy :o:

haha she has done ... but like she said in a non dodgy way :cool:
Stop encouraging people to firm Barts:mad2: or the same as last year will happen
Me on the other hand had Barts as first choice since the beginning of time:biggrin:
:::mEdIcAl_GuNnEr:::
hahaha!! I feel sorry for the ppl who will be MADE to eat them!!! lol

PS: You making cakes, for that matter ANYTHING, equals recipe for disastrous Christmas! haha

:zomg:

You obviously haven't tried and tested my cooking because it gives Jamie Oliver a run for his money! :smug:

If you're feeling brave lucky enough, i'll save some for you to have after the holidays! :drool:

You know you want some! :teeth:

:p:
Medicine Man
Ok you win. My bad!

:spank:

Nice being back home? Missing the mid-lecture distractive texts? :ninja2:

The little kids on my road beat me to the little snow we have so I can't have a massive snow fight like I planned. :colonhash:

Yeah so I decided to do the masculine thing and bake some cake for christmas! :afro: Never felt any more macho at any other point in my life thus far! :p:

:biggrin:

It is nice to be back, lack of snow where I am though...not that it's that bad if I intend on driving places :p:

I miss those texts during lectures but it will resume soon enough :awesome:

:rofl2: baking :rofl2:

hahaha!! I feel sorry for the ppl who will be MADE to eat them!!! lol

PS: You making cakes, for that matter ANYTHING, equals recipe for disastrous Christmas! haha

This :p:

Medicine Man
:zomg:

You obviously haven't tried and tested my cooking because it gives Jamie Oliver a run for his money! :smug:

If you're feeling brave lucky enough, i'll save some for you to have after the holidays! :drool:

You know you want some! :teeth:

I'd rather live to be 20 to be honest :p:
Reply 1505
sophyy
I want a letter from BL :frown:

I'm so glad other people only heard from track!

I know its all official and everything but I can't help feeling like it still might be a mistake till I get my letter :s-smilie:
FFCrusader
:biggrin:

It is nice to be back, lack of snow where I am though...not that it's that bad if I intend on driving places :p:

Yeah now its turned to ice now. Think i'm gonna have to get my wellies out - allow the major public humiliation when you slip on the pavement in the town centre.

I miss those texts during lectures but it will resume soon enough :awesome:

Yes. Damn right they will. :p:

:rofl2: baking :rofl2:

This :p:

I'd rather live to be 20 to be honest :p:

:zomg: Its not that bad you know! :p:
SOME OF THE REASONS WHY BARTS AND THE LONDON SMD IS AN EXCELLENT MEDICAL SCHOOL

91% of BL finalists in 2010 got their first choice FY1 jobs

Second highest average FPAS (formerly MTAS) scores in the entire country in 2011. 4th highest average scores in the country in 2010.

We raised insane amount for RAG yet again this year (just flick through to the RAG Week Special.

Oldest hospital (Barts) in the UK founded in 1123

Oldest medical school (The London) in the UK

Best NHS teaching trust in London

Cardiac and Cancer Centres of Excellence with big investment into The London HEMS helicopter service

Gorgeous, well stocked libraries at The London and Barts, all wood panels and oil paintings - the library is divine! Seriously!

On campus accomodation in your freshers year, in 2005 newly built accomodation at very reasonable (London!) prices.

Excellent RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) scores in 2008 - 4th Best Medical School in the entire country and TOP medical school in London.

Brand new hospital (biggest hospital in Western Europe and the main trauma centre for the country) that will be completely revamped and developed by 2015.

This (the penultimate paragraph) might make a great read too considering two BL lecturers are mentioned!

The Blizzard Building is DOPE! Nuff said!

This post was adapted from the post by Jhambo on New Media Medicine
(edited 13 years ago)
Medicine Man
SOME OF THE REASONS WHY BARTS AND THE LONDON SMD IS JUST SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER MEDICAL SCHOOL IN THE UK

91% of BL fifth years this year have gotten their first choice foundation year placements compared with 29% of Imperial Medics.

One day of RAGGING this year has now raised £22,500 AFTER COSTS. RAG WEEK in 2010 is going to be a BIG one!

Cardiac and Cancer Centres of Excellence with big investment into The London HEMS helicopter service

Gorgeous, well stocked libraries at The London and Barts, all wood panels and oil paintings - the library is divine! Seriously!

On campus accomodation in your freshers year, in 2005 newly built accomodation at very reasonable (London!) prices.

Excellent RAE scores last year - 4th Best Medical School in the entire country and TOP medical school in London.

Brand new hospital (biggest hospital in Western Europe and the main trauma centre for the country) that will be completely revamped and developed by 2015.

This (the penultimate paragraph) might make a great read too considering two BL lecturers are mentioned!

wowwwww I didn't know we were this good! lol though I think it was 70-something for Imperial and not 29! lol

but yeeah, barts is awesome!! :yes:
wowwwww I didn't know we were this good! lol though I think it was 70-something for Imperial and not 29! lol

but yeeah, barts is awesome!! :yes:

No it was 71% that didn't get their first coice. Read the email again! :wink:

But yeah, i didn't know realise it was that good until recently myself!

EDIT: I finally made a start on HD today! :woo:
Medicine Man
No it was 71% that didn't get their first coice. Read the email again! :wink:

But yeah, i didn't know realise it was that good until recently myself!

EDIT: I finally made a start on HD today! :woo:

loll ohh okay... that's amazing!

HD is sooooo borrrrrring! I made a start yesterday, wasting the whole day trying to make sense of the anatomy, needless to say that it still didn't!

But yeah need to do more work, spending way too much time on 360! oh and btw i will soon (in a day or two!) upload the pics of emirates on fb :wink: and will tag u in there too just so that you don't feel as if you missed out! hahaha :biggrin:
loll ohh okay... that's amazing!

HD is sooooo borrrrrring! I made a start yesterday, wasting the whole day trying to make sense of the anatomy, needless to say that it still didn't!

But yeah need to do more work, spending way too much time on 360! oh and btw i will soon (in a day or two!) upload the pics of emirates on fb :wink: and will tag u in there too just so that you don't feel as if you missed out! hahaha :biggrin:

You have just made my year! :p:

Profile picture needs a change anyway so what better way than to use a picture taken at a game I didn't even go and see! :p:

:awesome:
Medicine Man
You have just made my year! :p:

Profile picture needs a change anyway so what better way than to use a picture taken at a game I didn't even go and see! :p:

lollll we'll all go together next time mate! anywayssss, I better make a start now on HD theory! catch you later- will give you a call for xmas anyway so chat to you then then... cya
Medicine Man
Yeah now its turned to ice now. Think i'm gonna have to get my wellies out - allow the major public humiliation when you slip on the pavement in the town centre.

:teeth: We need video evidence of this :teeth:

Medicine Man

Yes. Damn right they will. :p:

Medicine Man

:zomg: Its not that bad you know! :p:

You never know... :p: Do you have chicken though? :p:
Medicine Man
Adapted from the post by Jhambo on New Media Medicine

You know what's jokes...that was my original post from a few years back!! That guy is very sound, Mr. Jhambo...had such a laugh on the interview day!
lollll we'll all go together next time mate! anywayssss, I better make a start now on HD theory! catch you later- will give you a call for xmas anyway so chat to you then then... cya

I'll be waiting by the phone.... :teeth:

Have fun doing HD - if thats even possible!

FFCrusader
:teeth: We need video evidence of this :teeth:

You never know... :p: Do you have chicken though? :p:

Yeah I need to go out in a bit to do my christmas shopping but the ice has really out me off. :dry:

And yes, my freezer is actually packed with chicken for the celebrations. :drool: Turkey's way too dry anyway tbh.

digitalis
You know what's jokes...that was my original post from a few years back!! That guy is very sound, Mr. Jhambo...had such a laugh on the interview day!

Really? :awesome: I've sigged it too just so everyone on TSR knows about the awesome-ness of Barts!
Medicine Man
SOME OF THE REASONS WHY BARTS AND THE LONDON SMD IS JUST SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER MEDICAL SCHOOL IN THE UK

91% of BL fifth years this year have gotten their first choice foundation year placements compared with 29% of Imperial Medics.

One day of RAGGING this year has now raised £22,500 AFTER COSTS. RAG WEEK in 2010 is going to be a BIG one!

Excellent RAE scores last year - 4th Best Medical School in the entire country and TOP medical school in London.

YESSS!!!

Hit the nail onthe head, mate :biggrin:
How much do barts care about gcse's?
Reply 1518
has the UKCAT cut-off for this year been decided yet?
Master.K
How much do barts care about gcse's?

6Bs, I think.

Viscous
has the UKCAT cut-off for this year been decided yet?

Nope

Latest

Trending

Trending