The Student Room Group

Barts and The London (QMUL) Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Barts and The London Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How does Barts and the London deal with gap year applicants
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

I saw that Mesopotamian mentioned that barts had only approximately 7 places for graduates on the BDS programme. I would be grateful if you could tell me where I could get this info from.
Original post by Lolerpool
Hi,

I saw that Mesopotamian mentioned that barts had only approximately 7 places for graduates on the BDS programme. I would be grateful if you could tell me where I could get this info from.

This is anecdotal from my year group, which I mentioned.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
This is anecdotal from my year group, which I mentioned.

Ah apologies, didn't see that but thanks for clarifying.
How would you rate A910, BSc Oral Health from Barts ? Can once become dentist after this course? Many thanks.
Hi, how would you rate A910 program? Can one become dentist after this program? many thanks.
Reply 7
I have a UCAT Score of 2530 b2 Alevel predicted of A*AA and GCSE grades are 7777777885 my choices so far are Plymouth, Liverpool, leeds, I'm struggling to think of another based on my profile does anyone have any suggestions. and would Queen mary be a good option with my profile?
I think QMUL is a good option, you meet their requirements and your GCSEs are pretty good, other people who say you shouldn't are lunatics who like to glorify those with A* in everything
Hi, does anyone know if QML favours A* A* A over A* A A, and if they priorities band 1 applicants?
Also does anyone know their cohort size? tyyyy :smile:
Original post by Shefalix
Hi, does anyone know if QML favours A* A* A over A* A A, and if they priorities band 1 applicants?
Also does anyone know their cohort size? tyyyy :smile:

Yes they do favour more A*s as they rank by UCAS points.
They favour band 1 applicants as it’s used post-interview ranking.
Cohort size in a normal year is ~71 for first year. However due to grade inflation over the last 2 years, this has increased.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Yes they do favour more A*s as they rank by UCAS points.
They favour band 1 applicants as it’s used post-interview ranking.
Cohort size in a normal year is ~71 for first year. However due to grade inflation over the last 2 years, this has increased.

Does that mean u will score higher by taking 4 Alevels?
Original post by lostapplicant
Does that mean u will score higher by taking 4 Alevels?

Yes as it means more UCAS points.
How much does the band impact scoring?
Anyone received interview yet?
Original post by mehdi.hash

Nope
Reply 16

nopeee

we find out if we've gotten an interview on the 23rd of december!
Reply 18
Original post by ilovecamprock
we find out if we've gotten an interview on the 23rd of december!

Hi, How do you know this?
Reply 19
Original post by koala2
Hi, How do you know this?

I believe they said this on their most recent webinar sent out to applicants, I'm sure they've sent them out as emails too?

Quick Reply

Latest