The Student Room Group

colleges in manchester(xaverian and loreto)

hi,
i had applied to loreto in november and they replied back saying iv not been offored a place at loreto so i sent thm a letter telling them that i want to be on the waiting list.now since im on the waiting list how likely is it for me to even get a place at this college.my grades are okaish(As and Bs).
also im thinking of going to xaverian im going to study biology,chemistry,maths,psychology or computing.i want to know if the teachings good and is this a college where you can actually study and get good grades in because so far iv heard the most people go to xaverian 'for fun and to mess about' and they hardly study they are mostly on wilmslow road! please can someone tell me what this college is like?
thnx :smile:
Reply 1
Ikra.xox
hi,
i had applied to loreto in november and they replied back saying iv not been offored a place at loreto so i sent thm a letter telling them that i want to be on the waiting list.now since im on the waiting list how likely is it for me to even get a place at this college.my grades are okaish(As and Bs).
also im thinking of going to xaverian im going to study biology,chemistry,maths,psychology or computing.i want to know if the teachings good and is this a college where you can actually study and get good grades in because so far iv heard the most people go to xaverian 'for fun and to mess about' and they hardly study they are mostly on wilmslow road! please can someone tell me what this college is like?
thnx :smile:

i'm not a xav or loreto but from what i've heard xav is still pretty good

have you looked at aquinas?
Xavs is awesome, but then i'm biasd lol. What you have heard is a little skewed lool if you are willing to work the teachers will listen and help if you need/want it the ones that mess around itsnt most people just a small amount. The extra activites are pretty good as well, theres choir, creative writing, sports, debating etc.

The only issue is that Xavs is very over subscribed as it is now so if you haven't already applied i'm not sure how much of a chance you will have of getting in. As for the grades it shouldn't be a problem as i had mostly B's with one A and 3 C's.

Hope this helps. :smile:

This is directly from the website;

At A2 Level, out of over 1600 exams taken, there were only 7 fails, resulting in a pass rate of 99.6%, and almost half of all grades were A-B.

Among the many highlights were:

•100% pass rate in 34 subjects at A-Level
•100% pass rate in all vocational BTECs
•39 subjects above national averages
•100% pass rate at Level 1 Foundation Course
I just did a quick search on this, has anyone else by any chance got more information on Aquinas and/or Xaverian? I've got places for both but I'm unsure what I should do... I'm thinking of taking sciencey/art/music/english subject (I'm really indecisive)
Reply 4
Original post by Wassermelon.
I just did a quick search on this, has anyone else by any chance got more information on Aquinas and/or Xaverian? I've got places for both but I'm unsure what I should do... I'm thinking of taking sciencey/art/music/english subject (I'm really indecisive)

Which one did you go to in the end? Cos i'm thinking of going aquinas and was wondering if you did go there, what it's like. :smile: Most people in my school are either going to those two schools or cheadle and marple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending